Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bea
Bea Souza

1316 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Nutrition (Part 2) - We are the same but we are unique ...
10/19/2006 10:16:36 AM

Thank you very much for this informative article Venerina. I enjoyed your part one post and find this one even more interesting.

Enchanted Hollow    NeeBie Gifts    SenSatiaFruit    Traffic Roundup

+0
The
The Drummerboy

1069 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/19/2006 11:27:32 AM

Hi Venerina!  :-)

This is such an awesome post!  Everyone has made such great comments/suggestions as well!  This is obviously a topic that everyone takes to heart!  My self included!  You have started something great here.......

I especially liked #6 -

6)     Water.  The body is made up of between 60 – 80% of water. It is a vital component, without which, the body could survive no longer than a few days.  It acts as a lubricant for the joints etc.  It is needed in the food conversion and digestive processes.  It flushes toxins through the body and cleanses the whole system.  The ideal intake, per day, should be about 2 litres, as the body loses at least 1.5 litres through the skin, the kidneys and the lungs.  Since fruit and vegetables are made up of about 90% water, by eating 4 portions of fruit and the same of vegetables, per day, a person would be getting at least 1 litre of water from these, in addition to essential vitamins and minerals.

Water is the single thing that one can consume that can either make or break a healthy state in your body.  But the quistion is:

HOW IS THE QUALITY OF YOUR WATER?

Are you drinking TAP WATER?  

How do those chemicals taste?  What are they doing to your body?

How about BOTTLED WATER?  
   Well, did you know that most bottled waters can create an acidic state in your system? 

I invite everyone to visit the website below and view the short movie - and learn what the right water can do for you!

http://bclawson.x2omovie.com

Enjoy!  :-)

~ Drummerboy Keep on thinking positive…..thank God for everything that’s good in your life……..and make it a great week!

+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/19/2006 1:34:55 PM
Hello Venerina...this is very important information...I have heard that...you are what you eat...very nice...Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
10/19/2006 5:55:14 PM

Dear Venerina,

You are right. It is important to learn about what we should eat & what we shouldn't as it depends on the needs of the body & it differs from an indidual to another. That is an excellent topic. Thank you for sharing.

Have a great day!

Marwa Afzaly

http://www.freewebs.com/horolayn

+0
Gerri Decher

718 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/19/2006 6:00:47 PM
Hi Venerina, With the maze of nutritionals now flooding the market , one way for people to ensure they are getting good value is to ask for a certified laboratory anaylis to ensure the product does have what it claims. People can be mislead by all the scientific hype, do your due diligence, it's your right to know what you are spending your hard earned money on. Remeber too that LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE. Some interesting information I came across..... HOW CAN ORAC BE AFFECTED, MISLEADING OR DECEPTIVE? Among the many ways ORAC can be misleading are: 1) SPIKING. High ORAC scores can be the result of spiking. Dwayne Dyer points out, "educated people know that ORAC testing is a new process and results can be easily manipulated with a few drops of extra vitamins or artificial additives." Spiking can mean adding ingredients together in such a way as to raise the ORAC score-often without increasing health benefits. For example: clove oil, iron shavings, simple vitamins, artificial substances, in fact many other natural substances carry astronomical scores. Adding them to a food or beverage, such as juice, sends the ORAC value through the roof. 2) IGNORING BIOAVAILABILITY. More is certainly not better when it is not bioavailable. When ORAC tests are performed in a test tube, they are called "in vitro." That's different than "in vivo," or in the human body. Yet the ORAC tests cited in some companies marketing materials are in vitro. And as David Bell of Brunswick Labs notes, "A corresponding ORAC availability in vivo cannot be assumed," adding, "make sure you understand what ORAC can and cannot tell you about your product." (Nutritional Outlook, November/December 2003) 3) MORE ISN"T ALWAYS BETTER, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE OVERLOADING. If the body only is able to handle, absorb and utilize 6,000-9,000 of ORAC per day, and experts are recommending 3,000 - 5,000 per day, of what use would a product be that touts a 45,000 or 76,000 ORAC score? Again, you've created a number that is relatively meaningless. Yet some companies want to dazzle uneducated consumers with these kinds of numbers under the pretense that it proves product superiority! Have a great day.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!