Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Please explain
9/18/2006 11:09:18 AM
Hello Lucy,
Oh the Drama, I totally understand how this looks to someone being new.
Hang in There!!
Your Friend,

+0
Lucy Walker

241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/2/2006 10:13:56 AM

Adland Friends,

The Drama is still alive and festering. Each Adland member should look to him or herself.  Be honest. What can each of us do to stop the madness?

Ask yourself, What have I contributed to the turmoil and what can I do to stop it?

Each person must participate in stopping the Drama.

Ask yourself if you are part of the solution or part of the problem.

Is it worth it?

What is there to be gained in making someone feel unwanted?

What is there to be gained in drawing sympathetic attention your way?

I read Bogdan's response and I frankly think that he has done all he can.

It is up to the members involved to call a halt.

It does not matter if you feel attacked or are the attackee.

Please Stop! It ain't pretty.

Lucy

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2006 10:30:39 AM

Hi Lucy,

The community has only been in existence for about 2 and a half years, before that, AdlandPro was well on it's way to becoming one of the most high-traffic advertising sites online since it began in 1998.  It's now near the very top ranked international sites. 

About the community, I myself don't join any large groups, I spend too much time in forums lately just for entertainment purposes...sometimes it is like a TV soap-opera.  AdlandPro has fantastic advertising and marketing resources.  As far as making online friends, I would say choose carefully. 

I also avoid too much religious rhetoric online, I am a Christian person but we really don't know the people here so I wonder if sometimes they are who they portray themselves to be or if they're just using the religious banter to draw in a group for ulterior motives such as business sales.  That's just my personal opinion, like I said, I don't know if they are or aren't.

+0
Lucy Walker

241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/2/2006 10:39:48 AM

Kathleen,

That is a very honest reply. I must admit that I have wondered the very same thing. As a matter of fact I have stopped doing something that I normally did everyday. I used to invite everyone who clicked on my ads to become friends. I have stopped doing that. It may be a mistake business wise, but personally I think it is necessary for now.

Sincerely,

Lucy

+0
10/2/2006 7:41:21 PM

Lucy;

Like you, I am a newcomer to AdLandPro.  I originally posted this on the "Friends, Not Friends" forum and believe that it is equally appropriate here.  I am sorry that the madness is continuing.  And I know that as human beings, we cling to looking at the 'other person/people' as the perpetrators of our madness when history shows us that we are the only constant in all our disfunctional relationships. 

I am a 'newbie' just getting to know the community.  And in doing so, I was perusing the forums and came across the "Joining a cult" topic.  I read all the posts and had to reply. (I know it is late and probably will not be read..... but anyway).

You can not change anyone.  You can only change how you respond to them.  Notice I did not use the word 'react'.  YOU control your responses, the other person controls your reactions.  In any power game, the antagonist is trying to control the situation by taking grabbing all the power unto his/herself.  By CHOOSING to respond, you deny them the game.  You state unequivically that you are an adult and you are staying in an adult role.

Your RESPONSE should yield the results YOU want based on NORMAL human interactions.  For instance, if someone states that you are rude and you sincerely apologize, ONCE IS ENOUGH.  You are not responsible if, in their ignorance, they expect you to eat crow for the next year, or their ego is so frail that a heart-felt apology is not sufficient. 

You can not take on another persons ills and make them your own.  It is up to that person to realize that they need help, then they must want it, then seek it.  None to that is your concern.

You have to be concerned with your own state of mind and emotional health and well-being.  No one has been put on this earth to be the whipping-post for another.  So do not allow yourself to be put in that position by anyone for any reason.  Be healthy enough for yourself and for those who love you to step off and get away from these destroyers of the soul.  This is so important because I have seen so many people begin to doubt themselves because of their interaction with 'interrogators' and 'intimidators'.  And do not believe that physical damage is the worst they can do to you! Mental/Emotional damage is far harder to heal because the wounds do not show and are insidious by nature.

I hope this helps someone (plus I must close before this becomes book length)

Keep the faith in the God of your understanding!

Layla z.

YOU can achieve all your GOALS!!! http://www.benefactorVoucher.com/activate Register with code # VMS-A725533
YOU can achieve all your GOALS!!! http://www.benefactorVoucher.com/activate Register with code # VMS-A725533
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!