Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lucy Walker

241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Please explain
9/18/2006 10:19:11 AM

Dear Friends,

When inflammatory discussions accussing members of spreading hate and poisons are included in a public forum, what do you expect from the newbies.

Okay, Arild's forum, "Friend or No Friend".

I read it over. Then I had my coffee. I came back and read posts to it. I was very concerned. There was some very strong language hurled about. I still don't know what the problem was. And at this point is that really important? I may be new here, but I am not new to the world.

I guess you guys are so used to this that you really don't realize what outsiders or newcomers think.

Not enough information was given. I even printed out the forum and all the responses to make sure I was seeing what I thought. It was very distressing.

As a teacher I have moderated problems between teenagers for over 27 years. The tone of that forum was very upsetting to me. I didn't come here for that. The whole idea of publishing the content of private communications. Why wasn't this whole thing settled or discussed in a moderated forum. Did we all need to know about it? (or the effects of it, because you didn't really tell us anything) It sounded very much like a closed society protecting its members. The accusations.

Settle it among yourselves like adults. Yes, it reminded me of cult or gang behaviour. As a teacher from a gang conscious community that is a suburb of New York, I have been trained in cult and gang warfare. When stuff like that is thrown out into a large community without specifics people react.

Think, before publishing. I think that forum was very disruptive. It made me feel personally very uncomfortable.

I hope the people that it involves will settle it and learn to deal with each other without throwing stuff out there in such a manner.

It would be different if it was a warning to the community. An effort to protect us from something. It may have been meant that way, but hey. where is the threat?

Lucy

+0
Tom
Tom Sparrow

666 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/18/2006 10:25:12 AM
Again, I am at a loss since I never saw this forum! You should have included the link to the forum so we could all take a peek and see what you are talking about, correct? Unless we were a part of that forum, it is all still Greek! Tom
Tom Sparrow-CEO Health Innovations & Marketing, Inc. http://tomsparrow.info (FULL PROFILE) scubapro48@gmail.com Skype: tom.sparrow53 248-624-0942 or 248-705-9716
+0
Lucy Walker

241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/18/2006 10:29:16 AM

http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/462280.aspx

The forum link.

Lucy

+0
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/18/2006 10:45:25 AM
Hi Lucy,

Yes I read this forum and a few others that talk about members being
sent hate mail from anonymous senders. I personally have not
recieved these mails, but I offered to trace any that I recieve.

As to where the hate mail is being sent from, and it's contents
you would need to talk to Arild, the originator of this particular forum.

I get all kinds of mail, and lots of spam, because I am on many lists
and this leaves me open to the Spam Scams and all kinds of
strange people trying to extract money and steal people's
identitiy (Identity theft), this is called Phishing.

If I get upset about it, I just locate the source and report them to
the authorities.

I can understand how you might see similarities to "gang behavior"
I was a member of a street gang when I was a child back in the
50's.  What I see is  concern  for fellow members  in the  community.

Robert

Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0
Tom
Tom Sparrow

666 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/18/2006 10:58:29 AM

Here is what I posted in that forum since I agree with you, but let's simplify it here:

After reading all of this posted in this forum, I would like to make a suggestion to those who feel they have to leave AdLand due to emails, etc...Let's just simplfy this...We all have blocking mechanisms here and in our personal emails! So, if someone bothers you, why not simply delete their email and block them? We are all adults here correct? If I have an issue with someone, I simply tell them to stop emailing me. If they persist, I let them know if they email me again, I will report them as SPAM. I also have the ability to block their emails here and in my personal email on AOL.

The bottom line is, if you have someone you wish to not communicate with, simlply delete their email, report them as SPAM, or block them...We can all move on from this and simply keep in touch with who you feel are your true friends, correct? It sure beats working in a JOB where you have a boss who you either listen to or pack your bags! I have had the same experiences in the workplace as David did! I found that there are to many bosses who shouldn't be bosses since they lack common sense and have much less intelligence than I do! So, my solution to that is work from home full time and then I can decide who I want to associate with or not...it is that simple, so why complicate it?

This is a NO BRAINER! My Best! Tom

Tom Sparrow-CEO Health Innovations & Marketing, Inc. http://tomsparrow.info (FULL PROFILE) scubapro48@gmail.com Skype: tom.sparrow53 248-624-0942 or 248-705-9716
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!