Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Len
Len Berghoef

1472 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Humor and Health
9/13/2006 10:23:56 AM
Thank you all for posting and expressing your thoughts and experiences.  Here is what another doctor has to say on the subject;

"The old saying that 'laughter is the best medicine,' definitely appears to be true when it comes to protecting your heart," says Michael Miller, M.D., director of the Center for Preventive Cardiology at the University of Maryland Medical Center and associate professor of medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. "We don't know yet why laughing protects the heart, but we know that mental stress is associated with impairment of the endothelium, the protective barrier lining our blood vessels. This can cause a series of inflammatory reactions that lead to fat and cholesterol build-up in the coronary arteries and ultimately to a heart attack."

Have a great day!

Leonard

Start a 2nd income and get out of debt! http://alturl.com/aw4yv
+0
Scott Obrien

163 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/13/2006 10:57:09 AM
Great Forum! Thanks Leonard
Looking for Leaders to earn $100K in 15 months! Plus a New Car and 4 Luxury Vacations per Year! No Experience Necessary... We will train You & Your Team. Are You ready to Live the Dream? Vite: www.MoreOrLessAbout.com Today!
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/13/2006 11:43:48 AM
Hello Leonard,
This was a wonderful and uplifting forum. Thank you for sharing this.
 Looking forward to helping others with our new project.
Your Friend and Team mate,

+0
Andrew Birse

188 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/13/2006 7:42:44 PM

Hi Leonard,

So true.  Have you seen the laughter therapy groups around the place in parks?  People all standing around laughing at nothing in particular.  The physical and mental benefits of laughter are plain for all to see.

Regards, Andrew Birse Do you want to retire in 4 years or 40? http://www.moremoney4me.biz
+0
9/13/2006 8:15:17 PM

Hi Leonard,

Wow, without laughter, joy, and happiness combined together in our lives, where would we be? Laughter is definitely the best medicine. Even when going through sad or very difficult times in our lives, it's always feels good just to smile and laugh, even if it's for a minute.

Thanks for the invite to your forum Leonard!

Linda L.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!