Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
There are No Guarantees
8/21/2006 3:04:03 PM
Hello, my friends, It has been a rather rough month in our home, as a very nasty bug has hit our community, and has hit all of us, too. Thankfully, it is slowly dying out, and we are all beginning to return to full health. After receiving many very kind and encouraging emails from so many friends from Adlandpro and elsewhere, (thank you all so much) one very important fact caught my eye. Many people today are involved in the food supplement business, marketing everything from vitamin caplets to exotic juices from around the globe. It is a very good idea to consume food supplements, as in this fast-paced modern society, most of us do not get everything we need in our regular diets. Even when we think we're eating healthy, organic foods, they are often contaminated by atmospheric fallout from nearby cities. However, there is a danger that many are succeptible to, and that is that a lot of people are marketing their products as a guarantee of good health and no illness. I am quite sure that most people are not deliberately making false statements about their products; in fact, it's nice to see that so many people are such strong believers in their products! The fact is, though, that there are no guarantees that ANY product, no matter how good, will keep you or anyone else from ever getting sick. A bug WILL come along that your immune system has not met before, and you WILL get sick. You will also age, no matter what you do, and you will eventually leave this present life. That said, I am a strong proponent of healthy eating, exercise, adequate rest, and food supplements. By following such a lifestyle and regimen, you will be healthier, stronger, and much better able to fight that bug and win, when it comes. As you age, you will be able to do more longer, enjoy life more fully, and stay active much later in life than you would if you followed the status quo. As for my family, we live a healthy lifestyle, eat healthy foods, use several high quality supplements from wellknown companies, and have been able to successfully fight this bug while mainly staying active, unlike many who have been either bedridden or even hospitalized with the same bug. It has slowed us down, but hasn't knocked us out. The bottom line is, use and market quality health products that you believe in, but never make the mistake of marketing them as a guarantee of good health and long life. They are good for you, and will help you to be healthier and more active longer, but are definitely not magic. God bless, Dave
+0
Beverly Armstrong

385 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: There are No Guarantees
8/21/2006 4:50:40 PM

Amen and Amen again Dave!  :) HUGS Beverly

Beverly Armstrong NC., Health & Website Consultant, Trainer, Writer & Entreprenuer, Network Marketing & Tutorials http://networkingblogs.blogspot.com http://gender-differences-in-networking.blogspot.com
+0
8/21/2006 6:51:32 PM

Thanks for writing Dave, I am glad your family is getting well! I agree that health is important and that we should take vitamins, etc. and eat right! Eating right all the time can be hard on people on the go all the time and planning a menu full of good stuff for you can be hard if you work full time or have two jobs as some do.  When children are in the home it is very important to have healty, balanced meals. I would suggest for mothers and fathers on the go with active kids planning crock-pot meals, they can cook while you are at work and be ready when everyone arives home. The internet has alot of recipes available for making under 15 min prep time also and of couirse just add veggies and fruit for dessert and you have it made! Well glad you are all feeling better and take care!

As Always, God Bless!

Sincerly, Susan

+0
8/21/2006 7:00:17 PM

Hello, Dave!

Thanks for the timely and important reminder!

I've also discovered another "secret" to good health and better diet...cooking!  Real, actual, prepare one's own food cooking.  Not only is staying away from the processed and boxed foods less expensive, you get better quality and more nutritious food.  It tastes better, too, because you season it to your taste.

For those who live alone or have small families (like me) set aside one day of the week to plan and cook the next week's meals.  Freeze what you don't eat right away in microwave or oven safe containers and you have quick, easy to prepare meals!

I'm glad you and your family are feeling better.  I know how nasty those bugs can get.  No, the Phoenix heat does not kill them.

Kate 

Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
8/21/2006 7:18:11 PM
Hi Dave, Glad to see you are feeling better and able to start posting again. When I saw your heading I had a feeling about what you were going to say. How true it is. We don't dare market our products as guarantees that one will never get sick. But I do think using supplements helps keep us strong so we can fight off those nasty bugs when they come around. You must have got a super duper of a bug to put you down so hard. Martha
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!