Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: If you have not read this, I highly recommend it...
8/18/2006 4:09:46 PM
Hello Linda, I have to read the book.I think if more people would read that light bulb might come on for some, My thinking on why people are not being successful is that there not motivated, they believe everything they hear and are promised but it fails,people have lost sight of there own thinking and faith in themselves.There caught up with thinking someone else is going to get them there success.You need to go out and get your own success in this world. There is much material tools and guidence to be given but it all boils down,people are spinning there wheels hoping to just get lucky. To be successful takes desire, motivation,focus deligence most of all vision. People are not confident in themselves.any one can make money its courage they do not have.People need to be reprogrammed,its not all about "Only the other guy is making money" any one can do it they just need to reprogram how they were taught to do things. Take your life back,take charge of your own vision,Look listen and learn from only those who have prospered. Wow, Linda what a amazing topic,I really could go on with this forever,But just keep encouraging people to get back or put back there passion. Thanks,kathy/simikathy.com
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/18/2006 6:31:56 PM
Thanks Linda for sharing about such a great story. I will go & pick one up. I am not a reader but I think this one could keep my focus right where it should be.
I think alot of the reason why people don't suceed is they don't stay focused on what should be there main priority. A business takes alot of time, effort& communication skills. We also need to look at how we speak to one another as sometimes our words can hurt others. Me must use our Business skills to communicate with each other just the way we would want to be treated.
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/21/2006 9:17:15 PM
Hi Linda! Long time no see! Of all the books I've read over the years, that is one of the very few that I have kept for the purposes of re-reading some time. It's just one of those books where, I guess you could say I acquired it before my time. LOL
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/24/2006 7:58:42 PM

Hello Forumites,

This is indeed a valuable learning book - one that can be read over and over again.

Linda... heh - I just knew you would have a little lesson on this. Well done!

The vast majority of people will never read this book. They will be put off by the title, or the cover, or the biblical manner in which it is written, or the names like Kobbi and Dabasir and Bansir. Or - here's a good reason - they don't like reading. 

I bought this book for both my (young adult) children several years ago. It was a Christmas present. You should have seen their faces when they opened the wrapping. "Gee, thanks Dad, I think." (Secret thoughts: "That's Dad for you. He gives me a stupid book for Christmas. Duh! Look at it - "The Richest Friggin' Man in Babylon.")

Yeah, I saw their faces. But... in my opinion it was probably the greatest present that I have ever given them - financial knowledge.

Fast forward a couple of years...

Earlier this year they purchased a property by pooling their resources. That property is now worth $100,000 more than what they paid for it. They now have $50,000 more - each.

Where did that money come from?

It came from absorbing good knowledge then putting a plan into action to take advantage of that knowledge. 

"The Richest Man in Babylon" will NEVER be on the "required reading list" for school-children. The SYSTEM won't allow it. The information it contains is too powerful to put before the learning masses. The established ruling class still need a massive underclass of workers to keep the status quo.

Reading this book - and others like it - then putting the information into action will allow a "consigned" worker to rise above his/her station in life. It is an example of what I call a "break free" book.

Look at the names of the people at this forum who have either read it or are reading it or are planning to read it. Then look at the HYIP-ers, dailypro-ers and idea-of-the-moment-ers. Is it any wonder that so many people are desperate to make that "next big thing" (often a scam) work for them?

Success comes from desire, knowledge, planning, adjusting and HARD WORK - not some dopey scheme (scam) that robs everybody except the originator. 

If you want to win a high stakes race then you don't want to saddle up on somebody's worn out old draft horse.

Just my thoughts...

Gary

+0
8/24/2006 9:30:06 PM

Hi;

============
The vast majority of people will never read this book. They will be put off by the title, or the cover, or the biblical manner in which it is written, or the names like Kobbi and Dabasir and Bansir. Or - here's a good reason - they don't like reading.
============

I didn't find it to be biblical at all. No thumping that I heard. Lol. Sorry... lol.  But written in olde English, indeed. The names didn't seem all that strange to me, but then, we're very multi-cultural in the Toronto area. We have lots of neighbors with names that aren't so different from the ones in the book.

Right you are about people not liking to read. Close to 80% of the population will never read another book after they finish school. Ironically, many of the wealthiest people in the world are avid readers. Interestingly, there are two things that have been proven to slow age related dementia and Alzheimers... crossword puzzles... and reading. The brain is a muscle and like any muscle, we must use it... or lose it. lol

As Mark Twain said "the man who chooses not to read has no advantage over the man who can't."

: )
Linda

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!