Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: If you have not read this, I highly recommend it...
8/24/2006 9:53:53 PM

Howdy,

OK.

===========
"I didn't find it to be biblical at all. No thumping that I heard. Lol. Sorry... lol.  But written in olde English, indeed.
===========

I mean textually not with religious connotation. Words like thy, hath, thou, thee and names like the ones I mentioned before invade the pages. To some that might be off-putting.

Thumping? The only thumping that I hear is when I hit the desk and say "Yeah. That's right!" LOL!

Ye understandeth? Thine doth not wanteth to be misunderstoodeth by thee.

Thorry I've been listhping.

Gary

+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/25/2006 2:08:22 AM
Hi Gary! Long time no see! I was just thinking.....working around you must be a hoot! Never a boring minute! LOL Any other recommendations out there for good books?????
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/25/2006 4:32:49 AM

Howdy Winthton,

That darn lithp. I mean - Winston.

In my home I attack all my family members in seriatum - just moving from one to the next. That gives them all time to recover before I have another go. They would not call it a hoot. They think I am a mind menace.

=========
"Any other recommendations out there for good books?????
=========

Glad you asked!

"You Were Born Rich" by Bob Proctor has always been a favorite of mine. But I could recommend dozens.

When I alerted Linda to TRMIB she informed me of a Dr Wayne Dyer book that she was reading - "You'll See It When You Believe It." I finally managed to get a copy today - the last copy, I think. Twas rather difficult to procure. Maybe Linda can say a few words about it - heh, heh (over to you, my dear).

Anyway Winston, I have been busy updating and adding to my website AND... planning a new one.

Regards

Gary

+0
8/25/2006 8:11:05 AM

Hi...

===============
"You Were Born Rich" by Bob Proctor has always been a favorite of mine. But I could recommend dozens. When I alerted Linda to TRMIB she informed me of a Dr Wayne Dyer book that she was reading - "You'll See It When You Believe It." I finally managed to get a copy today - the last copy, I think. Twas rather difficult to procure. Maybe Linda can say a few words about it - heh, heh (over to you, my dear).
===============

See, now the sentence I turned red (above) is the part I want to emphasize. Because really, books are like people. You can't look at one woman and say "oh, that's what women are about..." and you can't look at one African people and know what all African people are like. You know?

But, people try to do that with books. They read one book, say Rich Dad, Poor Dad, or The Richest Man in Babylon - or whatever book it is - and they try to judge it on it's merit's alone. And frankly, that's the wrong way to use books. Because, if I read one book, that's almost as dangerous as never bothering to read or learn anything at all because all I have is one person's opinion. But if I read 5 books, or 10 books or 50 books, then I begin to get a bigger picture of the field I'm reading about.

What I enjoyed about Dyer's You'll See it When You Believe It is the focus he puts back on ourselves. He focuses a lot on the theory that life gives us pretty much what we expect from it. For example, if we expect people to be intellectually stupid, that's what we'll see most. The more we acknowlege it, the more we'll see it and the more people will give us what we see. And then we get frustrated, but we're partly responsible for creating that frustration. The icing on the cake is that frustration and negative energy take a toll on our own creative thinking and positive energy. So the more we walk around frustrated, the more we're eating away at our own potential brilliance.

That's just a small bit of the overall, of course. There's a lot of little "aha" moments in the book. There's also some things that I find to be a bit of a stretch. However, I don't tend to read a book as the be all and end all, but more as part of a bigger picture that I get by reading many books. When I mull over a collection of books, I see a bigger and more objective picture. I think Dyer's book is a pretty good addition to the list of some of the favorites I've read over the years.

: )
Linda

+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/25/2006 7:56:21 PM
Hello Linda, Ok I have gone through many of your forums and I am asking myself Linda with all this talent and wisdom and very effective in communications why you have never written a book?I think your writings and your information is amazing.I would buy your books I would probably be first in line well, maybe not I am sure Gary would probably take cuts.Lol lol but I think you need to do that for your self.Kathy/simikathy.com
I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!