Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: she needs to use her brain
7/18/2006 4:53:25 PM
Hi Lisa, It has been proven in recent studies that doing things such as crossword puzzles can actually improve brain function, even in people who really do have Alzheimers. My dad, in his 70s, is doing university calculus at home using my old books from university, as well as working out 3 times a week in his weight room, walking, and being very active in the community. He has the physique, health and mental acuity of a man in his forties. As long as a person can be active mentally and physically in any way, the payoff is tremendous. God bless, Dave
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Senior Moments?
7/18/2006 6:02:32 PM
Nan, You're welcome, times three, lol. We all have them, but it's nice to know it isn't as much cause for concern as we think. My aunt, who does have Alzheimers, laughingly explained to my mom that if you forget where you put your keys, it's just a memory lapse. If you forget what the car is for, that's Alzheimers. Fortunately, there are medications that alleviate the early stages, obviously. I've heard it said that memory lapses have to do with information overload...it's a wonder any of us can remember anything if that's the case. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/18/2006 6:05:58 PM
Jill, Thank you for your visit, your post, and your referrals. My next project is to get an article up on my true inspirations page...I think you'll like it. Cheri
+0
7/18/2006 6:43:42 PM
Good article, and following its reasoning ( and mine) I would like to delete the agist label of "senior moments".

The days, months and  years events and reflections  occupy more of our brain cells as we progress in time; I just wonder how many "youth moments" would a teenager experience, while hosting the same amount of downloads in their mental computer?

Izabel
+0
James Max

711 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/18/2006 7:09:01 PM

Hey Cheri,

For reminding me not to forget!

So, Why Sometimes I wake Up On The Wrong Side Of The Bed And Can't Find My Way Out The House?

Co-incidence, you say! Or old fart!!

Thanks For Caring and Sharing.

With Love From Vegas,

max

Free Monetize Adsense Niche Blogs For Affiliate Marketing - http://www.goodnewsforall.com/PLR/AutoIncomeBlog/
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!