Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Senior Moments?
7/18/2006 4:26:27 PM
Have you ever experienced a senior moment? Even if you're not a senior? You'll be glad to know it isn't uncommon, and it doesn't mean you're experiencing premature memory loss. Read all about it in the new article I just posted on my website, Use It or Lose It: Maintain Your Competitve Edge As You Age. Thanks! Now, where did I put my keys....? Cheri
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Senior Moments?
7/18/2006 4:31:51 PM

oooooooooo thank you    thank you  thank you.

i've had many may latley.

nan

+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2006 4:37:48 PM
HI Cheri,

Excellent article, and it is all so true!  I sent the link to your web site to a few friends that could use a little reminder....hehehe   :-) 

Bless you,  Jill
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/18/2006 4:39:36 PM
Hi Cheri, What a great article! Thank you for sharing. I hope a lot of people here follow your link and read it. ======================================================================= Nonetheless, people tend to use their age as an excuse for poor or weakened performance. In fact, the opposite is true: For most people in business, the prime earning years are their 40s and 50s because they have invaluable maturity and experience. However, sometimes people in middle age enter a very self-defeating cycle, doubting themselves and losing confidence in their abilities. ========================================================================== There is a KEY word in that quote - the word, "excuse." In fact, most people always tend to make excuses for their shortcomings rather than making the effort to overcome them. People can overcome a lot if they are willing to try, and can actually find themselves amazed by what they can accomplish when they refuse to be a victim of anything, including age. God bless, Dave
+0
Lisa Reddell

254 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/18/2006 4:43:07 PM
Cheri,

Boy does your article hit home. My memory is definately not what it used to be, and yes, I'm under a tremendous amount of stress. I guess I've also lost belief in my abilities too.

And then there's my parents... both are in their 70's, and bored out of their minds. My mother is much worse then my father. She has trouble remembering the simplest things now, and repeats herself over and over. And poor dad, it drives dad nuts. She been tested for Alzheimers, with negative results. I've said for a very long time now (years), that she needs to use her brain and it would help her memory. Very frustrating indeed...

Thank you for sharing this article with us. I will be emailing the link for it to my folks.

Toodles,

Lisa :`)
Lisa Reddell :`)
Do you love candles?
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!