Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Can We Talk
7/4/2006 6:16:51 AM
Leon, You better be sorry. That's bad news. I thought you would be the hero of the hour and have the solution. That being the case, I've been thinking of some ways to deal with this. I will wait and see what others have to say. I wonder why it has to be such a large box. Couldn't it be the size of the pop up. It also doesn't go away like the pop up. One has to respond or close.
+0
7/5/2006 2:00:12 AM
HI Mary, I personally like the Chat Button! I need to get a hold of someone sometimes rather quickly, and it makes it so much easier to use chat then to sit and wait around for an email, especially if I have something urgent to discuss! I think you have to talk to Michael about the Chat Button...I am not sure if there is a way for us to disable it or not! I wish I could help. Jenny should look at it as another way to increase her friend/contact list, and she might not dislike it then. I have some new people contacting me as well, but it is not soooo often that it is a problem. Good Forum too...thanks for writing this, Marilyn
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/5/2006 3:55:28 AM
Hi Marilyn, This is similar to pops in that it is a new tool. Here again, we need to learn to use and adjust. Thank you for your idea. Yes it is quicker than the e-mail in adland or our own personal e-mail. Many use Skype, or yahoo for the same reason. You can have a discussion.
+0
7/5/2006 6:12:48 PM
Hi Mary, I only got one invite to chat, and it was a legit question about Adland. The person was polite, to the point, and didn't waste my time. I don't know how to turn it off, but I can suggest that if a message comes thru accept it and let the person know you can't talk and could they send you an email. It can be politely done with no hard feelings.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/5/2006 6:18:15 PM
Lorraine, Very good. I think people will get the idea that you are here to work not "chitty chat" if that is what a person wishes to do. If you keep the conversation going on "nonsense conversation" they will know that you are a willing participant. You gave a good suggestion. It might take time to know who you want to chat with and who you should avoid.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!