Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Missing-Lost-Kidnapped
7/1/2006 8:49:13 AM
Hi Dave, You are the first to mention my play on words. Golly, now I have another funny animal joke. However, we in the USA do not know what a wombat is. We have similar little pests of the marmot family who burrows in the ground, eats, distroys and leave by way of tunnels in our yard. Now that takes some serious humor. Plant some onion bulbs, the next day they all laying on top of the ground. They tasted, didn't like and continued down the whole row. Thanks for throwing in some humor as it helps us to move on.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/1/2006 8:56:51 AM
Hello David, Everytime we impose a rule to protect we restrict someone else. Ask a farmer or a business person. To protect the consumer, the provider gets a big bill. That could be another whole forum, so I won't go there. I assumed that the photo was 1973 but golly one should not assume. LOL Just pickin on you. Retired teachers do have a nice cash of picturers. None of my students wanted any of mine so I have a full box of pictures for 23 years. I also assume that the photos of real people here are that person. I am told by a reliable scource that they are not. We still need to use caution when dealing with anyone on the internet. For women in fear, this might not be a good forum to be posting on.
+0
7/1/2006 1:09:47 PM
Mary, You mean I'm not unique? Oh no... :-( I agree with you about not knowing if the pics are real or not. I don't think the pic authenicates anything except that the person knows how to load one into the computer. PS LOL re: your post about Peter.... :-)
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/1/2006 1:52:43 PM
Lorraine, Your logo influenced me. I also loved to see it appear on forums. I wondered if I would find you again, as I only remembered you by your logo. There is no way to protect anyone on the internet. Everyone is a potential scammer, spammer, thief. That is why we have forums. When we converse and share ideas with no ulterior motive, what you look like does not matter to me. What your advice and hints are, will be my deciding factor as to whether I trust you. However, everyone should ask themselves, "Does my friends list look like a movie magazine. Have I rejected someone because of the photo?" Be honest now. I admit that one very good friend was almost rejected because of my perception of the photo. So glad that wisdom won out on that one. I have not made it clear, but I am in sympathy with those who need to protect themselves, or for cultural or religious reasons must refrain from putting up a pic.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/1/2006 2:57:02 PM
Hello everyone reading this forum. This is to let you know that not all logo/symbols have been removed. For what reason do some remain? A grandchild's picture is removed but a dog holding a sign appears on another profile. An un-named profile has an imaginary creature still posted. I see a car. There are 3 Chinese wooden figures. There is a Christian logo Some were TOLD to remove the logo, some had the logo REMOVED and than told a day later while some still have their idenity logo showing. How does one explain this? Everyone observe the slideshow. Are certain profiles priviliged? Anyone on line should be appearing. Tell us what you observe. When there was a "hotseat", my panda appeared and silouttes appeared.
+0