Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Vacation Highlights for My Friends
6/22/2006 1:40:50 PM
Hi, Rusty, thanks for your visit. Deborah, thanks for coming back. My husband gets the credit for most of the photos. He took them at super high-resolution and plans to crop them for artistic merit, lol. Amanda, it's amazing isn't it, the variety you get in only a few miles difference? I'm sure you know firsthand, living in a desert state that also has dense forests, yourself. The reason I posted the flat desert picture a couple of spaces on from the Horseshoe Bend one is that those pix were taken just a few feet apart. One down into the canyon, the other with his back to the canyon, looking over the high desert plain that gives no hint of what's just over the rim until you're upon it. It's really awe- inspiring. Cheri
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/22/2006 2:19:21 PM
WAAA HAA! I sure got a laugh out of your "angle" quip. My wife complains I always get that "angle" of her too..lol I keep telling her to quit turning away from the camera then..lol I'll take a closer look then..because in truth I didn't have time this morning to open every one of the pics. :-)
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/22/2006 6:21:28 PM
Tim, Glad you got a chuckle. I want to talk to your wife. I suspect she would say the same thing I do...I'm certain my husband waits for the opportunity to take pictures of me at that unflattering angle. My proof is the number of pictures we have that show me from the back, especially while bending over to pick something up, and his delight in my complaints. You have to understand our relationship, though. He teases me until I take a swat at him, and then we both laugh. You may not be able to see in this picture because we are both seated, but he is 13 inches taller and at least 100 pounds heavier than I am. The very idea of me smacking him is ludicrous, and the sight even sillier. Kind of like a sparrow going after a rooster. Cheri
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/22/2006 9:00:47 PM
HI Cheri, I will take a look at the pictures asap, thanks for letting us know about the scenery out there, I'm sure it's prettier than Seymour! Thanks, Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/23/2006 10:54:46 PM
Hello Cheri, OF COURSE WE WANTED TO SEE YOUR VACATION PIX! But I was a bit disappointed too. Not enough pix of you and hubby. Now, Tim Southernwood's idea was good - getting somebody to take a pic for you - but here's a warning from yours truly... You hand some scallywag that you don't know your $2,000 camera and you'd better be able to run that guy down if you need to. I have heard of instances where such a person has high-tailed it away with a very nice camera. And here's a nasty twist - you GAVE it to them. If they get caught that is their defense - so they cannot be charged with theft. Duh! Back to the pix. DSC03203 reminded me of a submarine conning tower. DSC03736 reminded me of a giant eagle swooping. I liked them all. They show the majesty of nature. But, like I said - more pics of you Cheri. Don't be bashful. Gary PS: That was quite a shapely leg I saw resting against that rock.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!