Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Vacation Highlights for My Friends
6/25/2006 1:54:22 PM
Hi, Gary Well, neither of us is what you might call a competitive runner, lol. You have a good point, and one that I think of when we do hand a stranger our camera. Fortunately, it isn't worth anywhere near $2000, but the real loss would be the pictures! If it weren't for that, the solution would be to use those one-time use cameras, now that one can get a disk with digital files of the photos. I get very few pix of my husband, as he is in possession of the camera most of the time. Even if I did, he has strong objections to my posting them on the internet--he's a very private person who would be appalled at some of what I've revealed about us. And, as I explained to Tim, those he takes of me aren't very flattering. It's notable that the one I think you referred to in your p.s. was taken by someone else! lol. Thank you, by the way. It was lovely to see you here. Oh, I meant to tell you that the formation that reminded you of a submarine is known as the Cookie Jar. If you click on it and look at the enlarged version, you can see the little knob that lets you lift the lid... The other is just an accident of the angle and the shadow. As far as I know, it doesn't have a name. Cheri
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2006 10:32:08 PM
hi, that was wonderful. i just had a 5 minute vacation. it must have been wonderful. nan
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/28/2006 10:35:54 PM
Hi, Nan Glad you enjoyed it. For the real stress relief effect of a vacation, you have to get away for more than 5 minutes, lol. 11 days was one day too long...I really wanted to be back in my own bed on Sunday night. I guess that's better than too short, though, right? Cheri
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/21/2006 1:27:08 AM

Cheri,

You certainly did a great job of sharing your vacation with us.  Your narrative was so good that we felt we could see exactly what you were seeing and feeling.  And the Pictures are beautiful, even the one on its side of you and your hubby.  Thanks for sharing with us.

I can't imagine the hiking in that heat. 

+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/21/2006 10:08:45 AM

Hi, Kathy

Thank you for your comments.

Regarding hiking in the heat--neither of our walks would be considered hikes by any hiking enthusiast.  Both were on marked trails, and we were careful to carry our water bottles and have head coverings.  Also stopped every few yards, especially if we could find a bit of shade. 

It's so important to know how to protect yourself in the desert.  This has been a deadly week (July 15-today) for hikers out here.  Two people in outdoor adventure courses died last weekend, and another has been missing in a similar area in Idaho since then.  We are finally seeing a bit of relief from 100+ degree heat--it's now only reaching the high 90s-- as the wave moves eastward. Everyone be careful!!

Cheri

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!