Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Cool or confusion
6/18/2006 3:00:02 PM
No James, we still love ya. Good to get it off your chest. The idea of this forum is to find purpose for what is annoying us.
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/18/2006 3:00:42 PM
Hi, Mary, I'm with kathy on this - it is good to see where the action is and who is taking part in what. They cannot be repositioned and they can be a nuisance if they appear right where you are typing or reading - but they do disappear with a click of the mouse. What DOES annoy me at Adland is the slowness of the site and the fact that it often causes Internet Explorer to simply vanish off the screen (it must be Adland because it doesn't happen with any other web site)!
+0
Helga Reich

727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/18/2006 3:06:03 PM
Hi Linda I am with you. I think they are quite an annoyance. I just made my computer go faster by taking stuff off here and there. Guess what - here come the popups. I guess it's good for the advertiser - but not so for the receiver unless you don't have nothing else to do. Well, have a great day, Helga
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/18/2006 3:09:05 PM
Hi Arthur, ok, so you know where the action is but do you know what the action is. Up comes a pop up that says " so and so says thanks for the invite or I agree with you". You don't know the person or give a hoot as to what they agree to and why they are so excited to be invited. Thanks for explaining that they can not be re-positioned. I rather thought I was missing something.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/18/2006 3:11:31 PM
Hi Helga, Yes, I remember the day they started the pop ups. One could not even work with Adlandpro. Thanks for voicing your opinion.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!