Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THROW IT ALL IN ONE POT
5/14/2006 8:21:50 PM
Hi Dekel, Thanks for the information. I will put it right in the forum. http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=363212 You can post a favorite recipe too. Look forward to your contributions
+0
Helga Reich

727 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/14/2006 8:44:04 PM
Hello Miroslav I enjoyed reading your post about Kastrol. If I please may explain something. You wrote "At second: In Germany is famous "eintopf". But as far as I know, it is not a pot only!! When we say in german 'ein topf' that means 'one pot'. But 'eintopf' means everything cooked together in one pot. I probably shouldn't have posted this, I just felt like explaining this. Everybody likes BBQ. It took me awhile to get used to it because we didn't cook that way in my family. Finger Foods were unheard of. Knives and forks were the rule. Can you imagine eating a bbq burger with knife and fork? I don't think so. Anyway, have a wonderful day, Your friend Helga
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/15/2006 4:39:21 AM
Hi Helga, No need to apologize. We also have confusing or interchanable words in English. Some cook in a kettle while others cook in a pot, roaster, or pan. All are a vessel to cook on top of the stove. So here on this forum we go with all definitions. You were kind to come. I expect you to visit often.
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re :THROW IT ALL IN ONE POT
7/7/2006 6:53:14 PM

Hi Mary,

This is an interesting forum.

Where I come from, northern Wisconsin, we call what you mix together in a casserole dish (pyrex) a casserole. It can be baked as a hot casserole or chilled as a cold casserole. What is made in a pot on the stove is either stew (with stew beef) or home-made soup (a little bit of whatever you want to add). Stew has stew beef, potatoes, carrots, and peas plus spices. When I make soup I use one or two cans of beef broth or chicken broth, dilute with water and add vegetables and some type of meat. If it is chicken or turkey I use chicken broth. If it is beef I use beef broth. Then I add whatever spices will go well with the broth. A little macaroni or rice can be included as desired.

DonnaZ

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re :THROW IT ALL IN ONE POT
7/7/2006 7:30:42 PM

Hi Donna,

Very interesting that you should mention pyrex as the name of the casserole dish.  It is a brand name which became associated with the casserole.  For the first time cooks could make a casserole in a pyrex dish which was beautifully designed with a lid.  The cook would be proud to bring such a dish to a carry in meal at church, club, sewing circle. etc.

I would compare this t the  use of the word  kleenex.  Many places  use the word for any paper tissue for the nose .  It was the first brand and so Kleenex=papper tissue. Pyrex=casserole

I am sure you have some Norweigan influence in your cooking so hope you come back often.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!