Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: THROW IT ALL IN ONE POT
5/13/2006 11:43:59 AM
Hi Helga, I will make note of your word in my post. Thank you for answering. I live just a few miles from a town called New Breman, Ohio. They are German decendants and still speak German in the community. This was a common practice of immigrants to name the new settlement after their home town in Europe. The matza balls are the English version of dumplings. The dough is slightly different but it was the same idea. Go here to enter all the pages and add some of your favorite recipes. Here we post memories of family recipes passed from one generation to another. The first pages are listed there: http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=361700 I look forward to your contribution
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/13/2006 1:36:01 PM
Yeh, Rose Some times those meals were just pure desperation. Time for dinner and nothing fixed. A quick trip to the freezer for hamburger, in the cupboard find some noodles or macaroni and of course throw a can of soup over it all. If time permitted, it was so creative to crush some crackers or chips (what ever would crush) with melted butter. Whow! Betty Crocker did it again. Then some smartly created Hamburger Helper which is never as good as those quick casseroles. Thanks for the memories, Rose.
+0
5/14/2006 7:10:52 AM
Thanks for invite My english not so perfect may be I write something wrong. Anyhow I try when I read your post i think about when I am in childhood I stayed with monk in temple. In Thailand the last time monk can eat only untill 1200 Am. That mean after that they will trown away every thing but (Dek Wat) Thai word meaning boy whom stay with monk eat in evening then we mix every thing together in one pot and make hot by firer we call (Kang Ruam) every day (Kang Ruam) always change the test because Thai people who donate food to monk they cooking not the same thing. Thank for you give me the chance to share my knowledge. Best regards Vasin Thaithae
017882727 Vasin Thaithae
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/14/2006 7:34:58 AM
Hello Vasin, You did great. I so enjoyed your story. This gives new knowledge into how others live in the world. This is the true casserole. It never tastes the same because we change what goes in. Many times we gather what we have and throw it all in one pot. No recipe needed. I will add your word. I hope you can contribute often.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!