Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Woo HOOOO!!!! I Won the Lottery!!!
6/23/2006 10:16:09 PM
Hi Cheri, I receive lots of email scams, phishing, cheap drugs for male sex problems,replica watch offers, house mortgage offers etc. I block the senders but it seems to multiply the ads I get in my inbox. DonnaZ
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Woo HOOOO!!!! I Won the Lottery!!!
6/25/2006 2:06:34 PM
Hi, Donna I'd recommend you implement the anti-spam methods that your ISP probably provides. I set my security filters at the highest levels. My ISP filters out more than half of the email I would otherwise receive because they have already had reports that the senders are spammers. Another quarter of my email is sent to my Suspect email box, where I typically scan the senders and subjects before deleting. I do this because there are times when legitimate email winds up here simply because I don't have the address in my Allowed Sender list for some reason. Maybe it is a new friend, for example. After moving the legitimate ones to my Inbox, I can delete the rest all at once. Once in a blue moon, one gets through that shouldn't, such as the one I began this thread with. Those are the only ones I bother reporting, and I don't block them because I have a limited number I can block. It doesn't do any good anyway, spammers have ways around it, like multiple accounts. I view it as an annoyance of modern life, of no more importance than the mosquitos I have to swat if they get through my repellant. By the way, if your ISP doesn't provide these protections, you may want to think about changing to one that does. I know AOL does, and Earthlink does. I'd be surprised if any of the big ones don't. Good luck, and thanks for posting! Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!