Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jeffrey Obrien

543 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Woo HOOOO!!!! I Won the Lottery!!!
5/7/2006 9:07:10 PM
Hello Friend, wow I was beginning to wonder why I win so many lottery's without ever entering them. I do get these very much they are alway's attached with a worm virus and nasty things and this will bring you trouble bank accounts are first and formost the target get them before they get you. Download and install spybot search and destroy.http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html You will be glad you did. Have a great day /night everyone regards jeffrey OBrien http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/7/2006 11:49:38 PM
Jeffrey, Thank you for that link. I run Spybot and AdAware regularly, you never know what you're going to pick up clicking on this link or that link, or even pictures. I never do that in one of these emails. Just remember, if you belong to this forum and ever DO win the lottery, you have to share. We've all agreed. lol. Cheri
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/9/2006 12:31:29 AM
well cheri...first off congratulations...i won too...now how are we gonna split that money? Oh wait...Mine's coming from Nigeria...hmm funny I thought Nigeria was one of the poorest countries in the world...they can't feed their own people or raise crops...and their cows are so skinny...where did they get 1.8 million dollars...and why do they want ME to have it when they could benefit so much better??? I would love to win 1.8 million dollars...but i would never live long enough to spend it...right after recieveing the news I would have a heart attack/orgasm...and die...and then my wife would be financially set for life...Funny how the world works in favor of the women isn't it? James Shaver
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/9/2006 12:59:55 AM
LOL, James, you'd better have some more chocolate to protect your heart. It seems my luck is running high this month. I heard today from Miss Elena Bekk that I've also been left a fortune from Nigeria. How stupid do they think we are? There have been at least three forum threads warning against this very person, who is evidently re-joining Adland as soon as the account is deleted. You'd think he/she/it would have enough brains to change the name at least. I hate to tell you this, but 1.8 million dollars is not enough to set up Amanda for life unless you guys are older than you look or she is a better money manager than 95% of the population. It would give her a nice cushion while she builds the Xocai business up, though, so maybe she'll be all right. Did you know that many lottery winners are broke within two years after they win? Having a lot of money doesn't help unless you know how to manage it. Something I find myself repeating often is if you can't manage a little, you sure won't be able to manage a lot. In trying to verify what I've been told about this before I posted it, I ran across this article on MSN: http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Savinganddebt/Savemoney/P99649.asp. It's a good read, especially if you're expecting to come into a sudden windfall. Maybe when they send you your check from Nigeria, for example. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/9/2006 1:03:01 PM
Hi, everyone. Update: I received email from Michael DelaCruz that they have deleted 11 previous accounts for Miss Elena Bekk and have now deleted the one that sent me the Nigerian 419 scam message. It seems she has more lives than a cat! Update to update: Since posting this have already received another message from her! Now I think she's more like the Hydra in Greek mythology. http://www.bartleby.com/65/hy/Hydra-myt.html Spotted in the AARP Bulletine this morning: ================================================= No one likes to admit they've been had. It can be embarrassing, not to mention expensive. To save yourself from being bilked, take a tip...from Sid Kircheimer's new book, Scam-Proof Your Life: 377 Smart Ways to Protect You & Your Family from Ripoffs, Bogus Deals & Other Consumer Headaches, published by AARP Books and sterling Publishing. ================================================= AARP members can purchase the book at a discount by going to www.aarp.org/books (this is not a live link because it apparently doesn't work if you click it from here...you'll need to type the URL into your browser yourself, or copy and paste). The cost to AARP members is $13.96, a 35% discount from the regular Barnes and Noble price. Others can go straight to their Barnes and Noble account at http://www.barnesandnoble.com. (I found it quickly by searching Books for Scam-Proof.) This appears to go far beyond internet scams, with tips from car salesmen, doctors and even former con artists. I think I'm going to buy a copy. Maybe if I had already read it when I accepted that 'deal' for a freezer full of food, I wouldn't have paid nearly twice as much for my freezer as I should have. Live and learn, lol. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!