Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Re: Woo HOOOO!!!! I Won the Lottery!!!
5/5/2006 2:12:38 PM
Yay! I get these letters, too and after a good laugh I wonder just how my email address was drawn when I've never given it to anyone and have never visited ANY lottery website. Except for Arizona's to check my tickets. Now, I have been to the Arizona State Lottery website almost every week (with my single ticket in hand) they have never, ever sent me any sort of notification! Not so much as even a jackpot estimate. Hmmm...guess those others must think I'm stupid or a hopeless gambler who cannot even remember the websites I've visited. Good idea you're not holding your breath for this money. Thanks for spreading the word so, those less savvy or more trusting will be aware that not everything on the internet is good. Kate
Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/5/2006 2:20:40 PM
Pauline, yes there are many, and some are not easily distinguished from truth. I wish I could remember where I saw, today, good advice on this and I'd send everyone to read that, too. Essentially it said when you receive any communication asking for personal information through a link in an email, don't do it. If you have a concern, log out of your email, go to the website of the provider that you have on file, and contact them through the site only. I'll go one further. Virtually every financial site I do business with sends email periodically stating that they do NOT, EVER ask for your personal information through this means. If you get an email like that it's certain it is a phishing attempt. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/5/2006 2:22:02 PM
Sandy, OH, no. I'm done raising kids, lol. I would share, though. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/5/2006 2:27:04 PM
Hi, Linda You know, I thought about you and how this headline would appear to you when I posted it. But I had to do it, it was just too delicious to pass up. ;-) I have my millions all pre-spent, so I'm waiting for the real deal to come in the mail. Or appear at my door with balloons and an oversize check. :-) Or maybe I'll just work for it. I like to work, lol. I'll tell you one thing...I won't be one of those unfortunate souls who wins millions and is broke two years later. I know how to take care of it and multiply it. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/5/2006 2:31:57 PM
Kate, As long as you're just having fun. You DO know the odds, don't you? I'm just kidding. I know from past communications with you that you, along with the other people who post here, are a responsible money manager. Heck, I can't even hold my breath long enough to get rid of the hiccups. I'm certainly not going to hold it until I win a lottery, lol. I sometimes hold it while the last Texas Hold'em card is dealt, but I've never been able to figure out where I can spend those play-money chips anyway. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!