Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Woo HOOOO!!!! I Won the Lottery!!!
5/5/2006 11:47:54 AM
Dear Adland Friends, I'd be happy to share my $1.8 million-plus windfall with you, but somehow I don't think I'll be receiving it, lol. I hope there's no one here at Adland who doesn't know how to recognize a phishing scheme. I personally find them very amusing, but if the scammers ever figure out how to write a properly spelled and grammatically correct letter, we could be in trouble. And it certainly isn't amusing when a vulnerable and gullible person responds and is financially or even physically harmed by it, as I've read has happened. I know my sister-in-law, a shut-in who has the kindest heart you can imagine, has been very seriously harmed financially because she believes the best of everyone until it's proven (usually to her harm) they are up to no good. The most worrisome thing about the email I received (copied below for your amusement) is how it managed to bypass my security screen and wind up in my email inbox, instead of in Known Spam or Suspect Email, where it belonged. I'll be contacting my ISP about that. ================================================= Ref : UK/773000X2/23 Batch: 013/05/8394870 Daily Draw Further results http://www.national-lottery.com/resultsnational.asp Draw date:29/4/2006 WINNING NOTIFICATION: Attn: Winner, We happily announce to you the Draw (#942) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY,online UKNational Lottery program held on 29th of April.Your e-mail address won the lottery, with Serial number 5368/02 drew the Winning numbers:10,29,31,32,36,47(bonus no.17), which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e match 3 plus bonus. You have therefore been approved to claim total sum of £891,140.063 (Eight Hundred And Ninety One Thousand, One Hundred And Forty Thousand And Sixty Three Thousand Pound Sterlings) in cash credited to file. This is from a total cash prize of £11,137,164.98,shared amongst the Winners with different amount won in this category i.e Match 3 plus bonus. All participants for the online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions,associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online. This promotion takes place weekly.Your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet repre! sentative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your £891,140.063 (Eight Hundred And Ninety One Thousand, One Hundred And Forty Thousand And Sixty Three Thousand Pound Sterlings) will be released to you by any of our payment offices in Europe. Our uropean agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of our funds as soon as you contact her.For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. 10 29 31 32 36 47 BONUS 17 This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned. To file for your claim,Please contact our Fiduciary Agent for VALIDATION. ************************************************************ Barrister Terry Smith. Foreign Services Manager, Payment and Release order Deprtment,OSA CLAIMS PROCESSING LOTTERY AGENT. TRANS-ATLANTIC S.A LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM Tel Phone:+447031949266 E-mail :agentterrysmith7@yahoo.co.uk ******************************************************** Endeavour to email him with the following: Your full names: Winning numbers: Email address: Telephone: Age: Sex: Nationality: Occupation: Residential address: Congratulations from me and members of staff of THE UK NATIONAL LOTTERY. Yours faithfully, Rose Wood (Mrs) Online Coordinator for THE NATIONAL LOTTERY www.national-lottery.com CONGRATULATION DO NOT DELETE THIS MESSAGE ================================================= Oh, darn, now I've blown it. I didn't keep it confidential, AND I'm going to delete it. Oh, well, easy come, easy go. Cheri
+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Woo HOOOO!!!! I Won the Lottery!!!
5/5/2006 12:00:38 PM
I've Won many too!!!! this is so hillarious, one demanded me to pay a fee of Euros 580/- so i mailed him back and told him to keep the prize money for himself, and that i was happy keeping the 580 euros for myself !! another phishing scheme to watchout for is the Paypal one. Thanks for the invite.. have a great day..Pauline
+0
Sandy Morgan

219 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/5/2006 12:13:29 PM
Darn! I was going to let you adopt me! LOL
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
5/5/2006 1:49:13 PM
Hey Cheri, Me too! I get several notications every day that I have won millions. I say THANK YOU UNIVERSE for another sign of prosperity! Then I think of ways to spend my millions!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0
Linda Miller

3429 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
5/5/2006 1:49:14 PM
Hey Cheri, Me too! I get several notications every day that I have won millions. I say THANK YOU UNIVERSE for another sign of prosperity! Then I think of ways to spend my millions!
Help us spread the message to the world... http://www.themessage2000.com/messengers/lindamiller Linda Miller 828-652-4714 Nebo, North Carolina
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!