Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Poetry!
3/15/2006 5:04:03 PM
hi, welcome to adlandpro. that gives one lots to think about. nan
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2006 6:51:53 PM
Hello Danielle, That is a very deep poem. I loved it. Not everyone would understand that but that is what poetry is all about. Different kinds of words,thought,expressions,etc. I would be honored to help you with some exposure. I will send you a private message. I look forward to talking with you. Warmest Regards,
+0
Cheryl Baxter

2279 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2006 10:07:39 PM
Hi Danielle, Great to read your poem Danielle! As a poet myself, I love reading the poetry of others & I love writing it. Very well done! Nice to meet you & I look forward to reading more. Cheryl
http://texasgalswholesaleproperties.com "browse our current properties" http://fortworthwholesaleproperty.com "check out our real estate blog" http://mydiscountchristianbooks.com "online bibles, books, music, more"
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/16/2006 9:29:59 AM
Hello Danielle, Glad to read your poem; sorry to say that I can only feel that it is a good one. My intuition tells me that it has great figgures of style (do you use this expression?! or it would be better image, hm...?) In order to be able to really enjoy writings one has to see the metaphors, and other this kind of things, which gives the beauty of it. Sorry to say that my English is not so high... yet LOL! Anyway as far as I could understand I liked it a lot. Congrats, and keep up posting your "feelings" Lisa, and Charyl, which I thank so much for being here, will be a great support for you for sure. Both of them are great friends too.
+0
3/16/2006 2:39:30 PM
Thank you, Anamaria! I can understand why that poem would be difficult for someone just learning English. lol. Here are a couple of others, so you can see that I do have some other styles, and that it's not all about bleak depression. lol. There is one that I wanted to share, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate. There aren't any real "naughty" words in it, but I think the imagery it may conjure might be. lol. It's a bit dark, too. Anyway... Entranced Breath escapes my lips, Like butterfly kisses on the breeze. Smoothly slipping off my tongue, Your name is like poetry. I gaze into your windows, Enchanted by your soul, Lost deeply in your eyes, Ever-yearning to know what you know. I see you in ways No one else can. I speak to you in terms No one else understands. I hear you like a song That no one else knows. I feel you like a zephyr, That touches only me as it blows. Danielle Dandridge Copyright ©2006 And...this is an interesting one, but just go along for the ride. lol. It's not all supposed to make perfect sense to everyone. lol. I like to leave my work as open to individual interpretation as I can. Run On... Follow me to a land where destiny takes a back seat, and what's said is done, but what's done is rarely said, and gossip is as non-existent, as the times the fractures of ourselves knocked us flat against the stone; a lovely thing really when you think about the concrete memories that have less to say than the tears ripped from our shaking hands that we held so close to our underbellies while listening to the cackle of our selfish morals, because values are less valuable today than they've ever been before, and only the truly deaf can hear the ridicule of the master swan in the hands of heavily sedated morons who suck the power from the children, and run battering rams into the adults, who follow in shameless pursuit, like intellectually emaciated shells of their former selves, from ash to ash, dust to dust, dusk to dusk, night after night, and day after day, as the repercussions furiously burn holes in our foolish pride. Copyright ©2005 O.K. So, that's kind of a bitter political thing, huh? I actually wrote that one when I was 15 (about 13 years ago now), but I recently revised & copyrighted it. Well, that's all for now. I'd love to read someone else's work if anyone else wants to share! ;) (hint, hint) lol. Cordially, Danielle
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!