Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Chuck Bartok

258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Writing can be challenging for sure.
1/18/2020 12:11:07 AM
My associate wrote and published his first Sc-Fi novel last year. Other works are al based on real-life experiences. This Sci-fi is using a real local and some actual research details form the US Gov.
The novel, although written well, has not grabbed his audience and the other published books.
We need to focus on creating another tribe of a different interest.

Chuck & Shirley Bartok Northern California http://bestbusinessmindset.com http://youcanbuildit.info 530-798-0245
+1
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Writing can be challenging for sure.
1/18/2020 12:22:16 AM
Hi Chuck,
I have always tried to include as much factual information in my stories as I could, but as most of my stories have been off world and mixed aliens and humans, it is difficult to get the attention of the non believers. Thank yoy for your interest.
GOD BLESS YOU
~ Mike ~
Michael J. Caron (Mike) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!! Friends First. Business Later.
+0
Chuck Bartok

258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/18/2020 1:35:20 AM
Where are you publishing your books and short stories?
Chuck & Shirley Bartok Northern California http://bestbusinessmindset.com http://youcanbuildit.info 530-798-0245
+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/18/2020 2:36:47 AM
Hi Chuck,
It has been at least thirty-five years since I tried to get a story published and that was with Carlton Press. I was married to my ex wife at the time and had worked on my story for at least six months, sent in my finished story and about a month after that received a reply. They liked my story, but wrote suggestions in the margins such as give more information on this character, eliminate this character, give this one more vitality and so forth. I and a female friend worked on the revisions which took another six months. This took another six months and when everything was ready we compiled everything together and got it ready to mail back to Carlton Press. When I was ready to take it to the Post Office I could not find it and asked my ex wife if she had seen it. She said she had, it was a bunch of crap so she threw it in the trash. She said that she threw the other stories that I was working on in the trash as well. For the longest time I would not work on anything because I was too devastated, but a little while back I came across the others that I had found and I want to finish them up and send them somewhere. I also want to work on a story about my life growing up. That might be more in the line of a comedy. The problem is, Carlton Press and others of their caliber charge you for each copy that you want plus set-up charges and everything else, so this is probably another wild goose chase like all the others. My other problem is some of the stories that I have retrieved have characters of questionable character and it doesn't sound right to have them say "Shucks, I am quite annoyed with you."Perhaps when I bring in some storylines things will be easier to understand. I don't believe there are any publishing companies that don't charge something. I will be 78 on March 29th and I just want to get something done before my mind goes to mush. Of course, if I can find a dog sled before that happens at least I will have an excuse. Once again, thank you for your concern.
GOD BLESS YOU
~ Mike ~

+0
Michael Caron

2248 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/18/2020 3:33:28 AM
Here is an example of one of the short stories that I have been working on. I have not as yet given it a name, however it takes place in the year 2085. NASA has already established a base on Mars and several private companies have developed space ships equipped with different compartments to carry on several needed experiments and other duties.The private companies worked in conjunction with NASA to shuttle supplies to the International Space Station and other space stations that were secretly being built for years without the knowledge of the people from Earth. NASA and the five private space companies were gathering the names of all the riches people on Earth from select countries. Only select people in government from any of these countries knew what was going on. Many of the launches were taken place at night and very few of them were even announced to the public.In many of these instances, the leaders and Presidents did not even know what was taken place. Eight astronauts, both private and military, were on their way to the newest space stations with supplies. They had no idea what was about to take place.
~to be continued~
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!