Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
It's Been a While
3/2/2006 11:31:32 PM
Hello Friends, It's been a while since I posted a thread to this forum. I've been busy living this philosophy instead of writing about it, lol. Recently I became aware of an opportunity within the local real estate industry and seized it with gusto! As a result, I've been quite busy and a bit distracted as I did some homework to learn how to dissolve my current real estate company in order to form a new one with a mortgage company and custom home builder. This is an opportunity that didn't exist for me as the year opened, nor had I dreamed of anything like it. Because I'm awed by what's happening, when I saw this email I knew it was the perfect subject for a new thread. I've been receiving these Your Daily Motivation emails from Max Steingart for some time now, but in the last week they have been such timely subjects that this is the third I've shared here at Adland...the others on friends' forums. I hope you enjoy this one: YOU ALWAYS HAVE A CHANCE -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You know what you are today but not what you may be tomorrow. Use your imagination and look at things as they can be. You can do anything you wish to do, have anything you wish to have, and be anything you wish to be. You don't know what you can really do until you try. All you have to do is to act on your dreams. You have the power within you to do things you never dreamed possible. You would amaze yourself if you did all the things you're capable of doing. This power becomes available to you as soon as you change some of your beliefs. Success begins in your mind. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ©2006 by Max Steingart Reproduce freely but maintain © notice -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- May you live your dreams! Cheri
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
It's Been a While
3/3/2006 7:45:17 AM
This was worth waiting for Cheri. I love being reminded from time to time that I am the one making the choices - if it is to be, it's up to me. A lesson I find easy to forget. This was a great reminder, and encouragement to just keep on truckin'! Thanks! Judy
+0
Re: It's Been a While
3/3/2006 8:37:03 AM
Dear Cheri, Congratulations, I am so glad things seem to be going so well for you! You are one of my favorite people here, I hope you know that. I have been dirt-poor all of my life, yet I keep struggling to somehow rise above it. Even when I found out I had fibromyalgia and couldn't "work" anymore, I started my online jewelry store. I still am not getting too many sales, but I've been online for over a year now, and I keep thinking, "If I hold out just a little longer, they will come!" I have worked hard on my site, and I put a lot of pride in my jewelry, and I know, if I can just hold out, I'll be able to look back one day and say, "wow, what a journey". Thank you, that was the inspiration I needed today. I can't help but let it get to me once in awhile, but this helped get me focused again. Sincerely,
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/3/2006 10:10:40 AM
Shannon, What a nice thing to say, thank you! You're a favorite of mine, too. May I share some of the assistance that I credit for helping me attract real opportunity and abundance into my life? You said "I have been dirt-poor all of my life, yet I keep struggling to somehow rise above it." I strongly relate to that, because I felt the same way until sometime last year. Now, you must know that I am somewhat older than you, so I had more than half a century of these thoughts to overcome. In fact, some of that evolution is set down in the threads of this forum. I tell you this so that you can know right up front that it isn't difficult or overwhelming to change them. And change them you must, to change your experience! Have you ever seen any discussion of the Law of Attraction? I became aware of it through many of the books that are on my Favorites list. (Which, by the way, needs to be updated--the book I'm about to refer to isn't there yet, though I've read it twice in the last three months.) Many of them referred to the source of their discussion material as the teachings of Abraham. I finally became curious enough to seek out the source, and purchased "Ask and It Is Given", which you'll see on the website if you visit. Here is the teaching I'm referring to: "You are choosing your creations as you are choosing your thoughts. Your loving, Inner Being offers guidance in the form of emotion. Entertain a wanted or unwanted thought and you feel a wanted or unwanted emotion. Choose to change the thought and you've changed the emotion and the creation. (Make more choices in every day.)" As I consciously reached for and gained understanding of this principle, I realized that in struggling against poverty or lack, I was actually including it in my experience by giving my attention to it, rather than to what I truly desire, which is abundance. I don't expect to be able to fully elucidate this concept here, but if you will trust me and seek out those who teach it as their life's work, you will begin to feel the joy in your journey and by doing so, attract the success you desire. I know you as a fun-loving person through Larry's forum. Lest you think that this process is hard work or requires "deep" thinking, let me assure you that I have had and continue to have the most fun of my life with it. My family thinks I'm taking happy pills, lol. Try it! I promise you'll love it. Cheri
+0
3/3/2006 10:25:20 AM
Dear Cheri, I guess I should join in Linda Miller's forums more often then, lol. I try not to dwell on finances, but every once in awhile they get me down. In those moments I think of the factory I envision, with an on-site free employee daycare, excellent health benefits, people making enough to live on, and me, in my hoveround going through to check on my employees, see how the necklaces are coming, see who is being trained in the craft of jewelry making, see who has come up with this week's featured piece and will receive the profits from it as a bonus, see the faces of the women, who used to think that their lives were going to be spent in a chicken plant stuck with an abusive husband they felt they couldn't leave because they had no real education or skills, radiate with joy at finally having an option... I really can see all of that. I think I need to envision it every day. Every time I envision it, I get goosebumps. Thank you, Cheri. I will see what I can do about getting that book and joining in Linda's forums more often. Sincerely,
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!