Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: It's Been a While
3/7/2006 2:07:19 PM
Judy, Great to see you anytime. Remember, it's never too late, lol. Thanks for your kind words. It's always nice to receive this kind of encouragement, and I appreciate all the help I can get in exposing my website to new traffic. I'm going to ask any of my Adland friends who subscribe to give me honest feedback about the newsletter as it begins to come out. I know you'll tell it like it is, Judy, and not sugarcoat anything if I'm not providing content that's valuable enough to continue your subscription. ============================================ I am glad that you have got some good off line projects going. Life can get very depressing when you are stuck infront of a computer all day ============================================ Now, that's funny. I'm probably in front of a computer a minimum of 8 hours a day, and some days it's 12 or more. You'd be surprised how much of the real estate business takes place on the computer these days. My husband says it takes a crowbar to pry me off it. But, you're right. Now that I'll be commuting to an office several days a week, my back will probably like me better. Cheri
+0
3/19/2006 1:25:09 AM
Shannon, Your vision is absolutely beautiful, and you can reach it. I've seen your jewelry and think it looks great. I've been designing jewelry for the past 3 years now -- since my dad got sick with cancer, because it was the only thing that calmed my nerves. I'd always wanted my own business, and as of this past Wednesday, I have it. I am now the proud owner of a jewelry, home & garden decor shop between two busy, growing cities. Local business women who work at the the electric company, the bank where I do business, the antique stores where I shop, the restaurant where I used to work, are helping spread the news about my new store. I'm rooting for you, Shannon! I don't expect to have a "booming business" in 1 month, or even 2, but with hard work, determination, a clear sense of where I want to go with this, and a constant, daily list of "things to do" I feel certain that I will have a very successful business within the next year. You CAN have what you want. It took me a long time to believe in myself, because my Dad, having been a product of the "Men rule the roost" society, and my mother, who was afraid to rock the boat, were always telling me what I couldn't or shouldn't do. I've been recognized by Marquis Who's Who for the research I did on epilepsy & heart disease after my niece & her dad (my brother) both had pacemaker surgery in 2003 & 2005. I helped my dad raise goats and when he got too sick to work, I made $12,000 a year for 5 years for him on his farm. I worked at the top of a power plant putting sheetmetal on the boilers just to prove that I could. I was born with double-dislocated hips and was always told "You can't," by my over-protective parents. NEVER let anyone, including yourself, tell you that you can't do something. You can do anything you put your mind to! You only have today, Shannon. Live for the moment. List what it would take for you to reach for your dreams. Make them reality by asking yourself what you need to do get there. Take one step at a time. Break large tasks into small ones. What needs to be done first? What next? Start with what you have and the rest will follow. Believe in yourself, Shannon. I am rooting for you! Denise Babbit DLee's Gifts - Online shopping for the busy woman.
Beaded Treasures - Hand-crafted jewelry
Home, Garden & Gifts Newsletter
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/19/2006 8:39:14 PM
Hi, Denise Welcome, and thank you for both your story and your encouragement to my friend Shannon. If you think her vision is beautiful here, see the full version of it here: http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=304075&pageindex=5 It's about halfway down the page. You might enjoy that whole thread. I've said before and I'll say it here, too, you embody the principles I'm just beginning to learn to live by. I'm so happy to have you contribute here, and hope you'll be back for other threads. Cheri
+0
3/19/2006 11:07:06 PM
Dear Denise, Thank you so much, and I am very happy for you. I've been very busy lately and almost passed this thread up this time. I am so glad I clicked on it instead, your words have hit me at a time when I really need it. Thank you and Cheri both. I wish you continued success at everything you "shouldn't" do, lol. Keep proving the world wrong! Sincerely,
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!