Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Not Too Late To Learn An Old Lesson
2/4/2006 12:42:11 AM
Hi, Philip Thank you for posting. Sorry to hear you required surgery. I hope your wrist is doing well. Double opt-in is a very prudent course of action, especially here in the US with stiff penalties for spam. I read recently that we are still responsible for more than our share of it. Not a happy statistic! But especially here in Adland, we should know better. There's certainly enough community pressure against it to teach anyone that lesson if they are open to learning. Thank you for sharing your viewpoint! Cheri
+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/4/2006 4:47:46 AM
Hi Cheri, Thank you for inviting me to participate. As you may have read in Mike's forum the other day, I expressed my distaste for the changes. Nevertheless, I opted for a wait and see position. As yet, I have not been covered up with personal email ads from Adlanders, however, if I am lambasted with them, I will probably choose to leave. I have more to do than sit at my computer and read emails spamming me about products for sale or programs to join. I have found that, since becoming a member here, I am out of my league. I'm not afraid to admit that. I am not afraid to go either. There is a right way and a wrong way to use email marketing. It appears to me that Bogadan may have changed this to a safelist and I don't appreciate the likelihood for the coming spam-type emails. I cannot accuse them of spamming because I have them on my friends list. I am glad some were able to take advantage of the lower price to upgrade. I hope everyone enjoys their time here with whomever remains. I would miss visiting here and the friends I have come to know, however, I have a life outside of AdlandPro. Thanks for allowing me to vent... Peace, Leon
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/4/2006 11:09:34 AM
Hi, Leon. It's nice to see you here. I don't think the changes are as drastic or pervasive as you believe them to be, so please stick around until things settle down. You're always welcome to vent! That's actually what I was doing when I started this thread. :-) There's really no difference between the emails I'm receiving now and the constant forum invitations I used to receive, except that some people whom I thought would have known better are now sending ads rather than discussion ideas. The one saving grace now is that you can now choose not to receive them without blocking someone from being your friend. It's also better because I don't have to click and wait for the Adland page to load before I can see the subject. A little faster to get to the delete key. ;-) Wait and see...besides, you haven't won the windfall yet, or have you? I haven't checked the forum yet today. :-) Cheri
+0
2/5/2006 4:59:22 AM
Thanks Cheri.. When I got the emails today, I was wondering the same thing. "Will this mean more spam?" So I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Thanks for the update.
Don't delete my cookies, They're YUMMY!!
+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/5/2006 12:02:06 PM
Cheri, Thanks for the nice reply. I am not getting any more mail so that is a good thing so far. I think when more people find out how to use the new system, there will be more of it. But I don't see that there will really be that many more to deal with. There were only 100 low priced packages offered and the other price is quite high even though it is dicounted. Then, each member can only have one forum, so I should actually start receiving fewer notifications from AdlandPro than I received before. As it turns out, maybe it was a good thing after all. Peace, Leon
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!