Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Not Too Late To Learn An Old Lesson
2/3/2006 12:19:32 PM
Dear Friends, I receive quite a few newsletters and daily or weekly tips on various subjects. One I received today really caught my attention because of the changes that took place yesterday on Adland. I'd like to share it with you. ============================================ The Law of Avoiding Oversell states: "When putting cheese in the mousetrap, always leave room for the mouse." --from Max Steingart ============================================ I've learned a lot in a relatively short period of time here at Adland. The first thing I learned was that the most effective way of connecting with people was to communicate on a variety of subjects, and let people get to know who you are before you try to sell them something. In fact, I started enjoying connecting with people and learning so much that I have almost forgotten to market! (If you want to know what I promote, there's a link in my signature to a forum I set up for My Offers. I don't send thread notifications out for that forum...I figure if you want to know, you'll go and look. I do periodically add or update a thread.) When the new Adlander membership level opened up yesterday, I was one of the first 100 to sign up. Yep, got the special deal, got the new features. One of those is a feature that allows us to send directly to your private email one message a day, as I understand it. Now, this isn't your AdlandPro Personal Networking email...it goes directly to your personal, private email inbox. Don't worry, we don't get to know what that address is, but we can still SPAM you at least once, and that's what I want to talk about. Suddenly yesterday, there were fewer forum invitations due to the new limits, but those were soon replaced by people who were sending me "Join My Program" and "Buy My Stuff" emails. What are they thinking? Have the lessons of forums not sunk in? For the record, friends, when I want your stuff I'll come to you. When I want to join your programs, I'll contact you about it. I know what you sell, I can get to it through your profile. Please don't spam me! Does this mean I won't use this new tool? Probably not. Two of my friends sent emails offering something of value for free. Those I responded to, not because the 'stuff' was free, but to support my friends in their superior marketing efforts. When I have finished preparing something to offer you that is of real value without a direct "Buy My Stuff, Join My Program" approach, you'll probably hear from me. In the meanwhile, I'll be paying closer attention to whether there's an opt-out feature for emails from certain individuals. Not only will I want to use it, I'll want you to have it in case YOU don't want emails from ME. To end on a positive note, once more I'd like to thank Clay Page for teaching me, through his forum The Science of Advertising, how to set up a series of forums as I have done. Find the first post "Start Here" and follow the links to each in turn. I'm well pleased with what I've been able to create here, and have received many compliments on it. I have Clay to thank for it. I have more people to thank, but I'm now late for a meeting. Will thank the rest in a new thread later. Cheri
+0
Amanda Martin-Shaver

2587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Not Too Late To Learn An Old Lesson
2/3/2006 12:47:10 PM
Hi Cheri Thank you for the invitation to your forum. I appreciate and thank you for putting into words that I am sure many of us feel about "Buy my product/join my program" forum invitations. I much prefer to come to a forum that is informative, friendly, humourous, etc. My feelings are, many Adland Pro members either have not understood what networking is about - friendship and building relationships first before one tries to sell or get you to join. Kind regards Amanda Martin-Shaver
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/3/2006 1:34:22 PM
Hi Cheri, Very well said. It is not about what you have to sell but how you go about selling it. You have to get the trust of your customer before you can ever sell them anything. Thanks for the very interesting forum. Your Good Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
2/3/2006 1:37:52 PM
Hi Cheri, Thanks for the invite Yep some people used their new tools yesterday. and yep Adland slams us every time we sign in to upgrade. I may have do that yesterday in the first 100 if I had had money in my pay pal account seeing that was the only pay opp they offered. If they reall want to inprove things they should me a place to sign in and see you invites to forums and then select the ones you want to visit. I do thank forum owners that state this is a new offer or ne product or program un their subject lines. This does same me some time going though deleting emails. I beleive in building relationships to in marketing. However most things I join and order on line I don't know them from Adam. So there is 2 side to that story. But with Marketing and business you always need more than one basket, or at least a basket with 4 legs. Have a great day it is about time for me to change my one forum as a free member. Now instead of having 5 as I did be fore I get to change out 1, 5 times a day. God Bless Johnny
+0
2/3/2006 1:45:50 PM
Hello Cheri, Very well said! I agree with you wholeheartedly. It makes no sense to me why we have less forums and why we are receiving tons of spam. Yes, tons. I suppose I can adjust to having less forums. That's really not a problem but this bombardment of spam is not a good idea. I was in shock and quite unhappy. It didn't even go in my spam folders. So, I found myself deleting so very much, as it was nothing but a replica of my spam folder. Then on the other hand, I don't want to miss an important message, so I had to delete carefully. After a while they all blend together. This is nothing but a total waste of the time I could be using to do something productive. I, too, will be looking to see if there is anything I can do to adjust my email. Like you Cheri, I will probably use this feature, but it will be for something that benefits you. I will not be trying to sell you something, asking you for money. This was really not a good idea, there is such bulk that chances are, the majority will merely be deleted by everyone. I would invite everyone to stop by The Corner and read Kathleen Gage's Articles on marketing that really makes a difference. http://www.oakwoodgrafix.co.uk/TheCorner/ Her methods are tried and proven and have helped many to become successful. Thank you all,
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!