Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Not Too Late To Learn An Old Lesson
2/9/2006 1:03:18 PM
Leon, Very interesting! Well, I discovered that hovering over the emoticons in the format menu doesn't give you any clue how to produce them in the forum posts. However, if you insert one and then place your cursor over it, you can get the web address for the .gif file. I am personally not keen enough on it to type a long href, so will continue to seek the jackpot of text formulas. Maybe tech support knows. Or maybe there aren't shortcuts for all emoticons. Don't want to bother them just now though, as I think they are still dealing with issues that were created by the changes. Speaking of the changes, my forum notifications have returned to normal, too. Having only one forum doesn't prevent one from posting new threads to it several times a day, but I think it will eventually give us more control over the number of notifications. All you have to do is leave forums that you no longer have interest in, or never did. I also follow a thread until I'm either bored with it or have all the information I want about it's subject, then I uncheck the notification box. Except for my own, of course...if people are still showing up to post, I think it's only polite to answer. I guess that's why my threads all look like I have to have the last word. ;-) I think this thread has just about run it's course, so see you in another one! Cheri
+0
2/11/2006 7:41:46 PM
IS there a way to tell when the email you're getting is from an Adlandpro member?
"FREE ADvertising RESources" http://www.adlandconnection.com/go/253291/myWebPage.aspx ****************************************** "Discover some great eBooks and resources to help you make money" http://tinyurl.com/jk3hd
+0
Leon Horton

444 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/11/2006 7:49:09 PM
Lise, It should appear to be from AdlandPro Community and then, after you open it, you will see a member's picture and a yellow bar with the email below it. But, to answer your question... yes... it will appear to be from AdlandPro. Peace, Leon
+0
Larry Anderson

2606 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/14/2006 3:59:10 PM
Hi Cheri I also beleive in the theory be friends now and buy later I get all these invites that say be my friend and go here and look at these sights and some have at least 6 listed I just accept these people as friends and forget the rest if we get to know each other through course of time, then I look at what they are selling and if I use their products anyways, I will consider buying
Larry Anderson 1st vice president http://www.whaspllc.com Get what you want but want what you get Wherever you go-there you are Skpe ID:larryeanderson
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
2/14/2006 8:10:09 PM
Hi, Larry Same here. I used to inform them that I don't really think a friends invitation is a good place to hard-sell, but it was like picking up leaves one at a time in a forest in the fall, so I gave it up. Now I just do what you said, and hope they'll learn by example. Now that my friends list is getting a bit higher than it started out to be, I seem to be getting more of this type of invitation. But friends like you, with whom I have come to be friends from reading your posts, joking with each other and private messages, are real friends. Thanks for your input. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!