Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Tasty Fish Dish To Start With
5/29/2015 6:34:46 PM
yum on the grilled shrimp !!
I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+1
Barry Summers

257 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/29/2015 9:19:11 PM
 That shrimp sure does look gooooodddd!
Work at home with a company that is ranked #1 on the net,there is absolutely nothing like us anywhere. Join us for free.Get free training, video classrooms,24/7/365 support & training from the actual company owners, who are very involved (upgrade only if and when you wish)that will be the one and only upsell...ever, you can remain a free member for as long as you wish. 100000+ members there to help always. You won't be sorry! Please Check us out today. http://wealthyaffiliate.com?a_aid=a4aa2ec0
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/29/2015 9:29:15 PM
Hi Pat,

I appreciate you stopping by and I'm glad that you like the grilled shrimp. It's also one of my personal favorites. While we're grilling the Shrimp, we might as well grill some healthy Vegetables as well. Lots of vegetables are great for the grill, but some really stand out, like asparagus, corn, eggplant, peppers, onions, and cabbage.

Mixed Veggie Grill

Ingredients

2 Tbs Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbs Each Chopped Fresh Parsley, Chopped Fresh Oregano, and Chopped Fresh Basil
1 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tsp Kosher Salt and 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
6 Cloves Garlic Minced
1 Red Onion, Cut Into Wedges
18 Spears Fresh Asparagus, Trimmed
12 Crimini Mushrooms, Stems Removed
1 (1 Pound) Eggplant, Sliced Into 1/4 Inch Rounds
1 Red Bell Pepper and 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Cut Into Wedges

Preparations

In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the olive oil, parley, oregano, basil, vinegar, kosher salt, pepper, and garlic. Place the onion, asparagus, mushrooms, eggplant, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper into the bag. Seal and marinate 2 hours in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.

Preheat the grill for high heat.

Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the vegetables 6 minutes per side, until tender..Calories 107; Carbohydrates 13.3 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Fat 4.9 g; Fiber 5.4 g Protein 4.3 g Sodium 340mg.

Have A Fantastic Weekend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/29/2015 11:16:54 PM
Hi Barry,

Great to see you again. Glad you like the Shrimp as well. Between you and Pat, I've just about decided to do some Shrimp and Steaks on the Grill this Weekend. The Shrimp's for me and the Steaks are for the rest of the family. Not much of a Red Meat eater myself, I prefer Fish, Chicken, and on very rare occasions, a well marinated Pork tenderloin. Since we did the Grilled Veggies already, let's do some Grilled Corn on the Cob. This is the easiest method that I've ever tried for grilling Corn on the Cob. The Corn is always tender and tasty.

Grilled Corn on the Cob

Ingredients

12 Ears of Corn

12 Pats of Unsalted Butter

Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste

Directions

Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.

Peel back corn husks and remove silk. Place 1 Tablespoon butter, salt and pepper on each piece of Corn. Close husks.

Wrap each ear of Corn tightly in Aluminum Foil and place on the prepared grill. Cook for approximately 30 minutes turning occasionally until Corn is tender.

Calories 179; Cholesterol 31 mg; Fiber 4.1 g; Sodium 95 mg; Carbohydrates 17.1 g; Fat 12.6 g; Protein 3 g.

Have A Fun-Filled Weekend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/29/2015 11:59:51 PM
Hi Phil,

I agree with Pat and Barry about the grilled shrimp. I like the grilled veggies too. I do a lot of stir fry. One thing especially is green beans. I just use grape seed oil and stir fry the green beans, with some sea salt. I sometimes add sliced almonds too. Oh they are so good.
I am reading the book on Rolling Thunder and he says that stir frying is the best way to do veggies. Wouldn't you know he would be an Indian. He was one cool dude.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!