Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Healthy Breakfast Alternative
12/4/2015 3:13:13 AM
Hello Hyr,

I'm so happy that you stopped by, and I'm glad that you liked the recipes. I can usually find some healthy alternatives to share with my Friends here at Adland.

Here's another one of my favorite go-to breakfasts on many a busy morning. It's fast, easy, foolproof, customizable, and packed with protein, all for fewer calories than your average fast-food breakfast sandwich.

Easy Egg White Omelet

Ingredients

cooking spray
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
    2 tablespoons chopped mushrooms
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 (32 ounce) container refrigerated pasteurized egg white substitute (such as All Whites(R)

• Directions

• Spray a 9 x 5 - inch glass or microwave safe loaf pan with cooking spray; sprinkle the onion, green bell pepper, and mushrooms into the pan, and toss lightly with a fork just to mix. Season with salt and black pepper, and pour in the egg whites.

• Cook in a microwave oven on High setting for 3 minutes. Remove and stir the cooked egg white from the side of the pan into the rest of the ingredients; cook for 3 more minutes on High. If the omelet is still a little runny on top, slice it into chunks and turn them over in the loaf pan; microwave for 30 more seconds on High. Adjust salt and pepper, and serve.

Calories 128; Fat 0.1 g; Carbohydrates 0.8 g; Protein 24.9 g;
Cholesterol 0.0 mg; Sodium 468 mg.

Have A Great Weekend,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2015 6:46:42 PM
Hello My Friends,

Here's another favorite that I usually pull out at sometime during the Holidays. It's so easy to prepare and everyone raves about it. The best part is that you can put it together the night before and just pop it in the oven the next morning. Delicious!

Baked Brunch Omelet

Ingredients

1/2 (1 pound) loaf white bread, cut into cubes
1 1/2 pounds Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup cubed cooked ham
8 eggs
2 cups milk
1 pinch salt
1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1/4 cup chopped green onion

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.

Place half of the bread cubes on bottom of baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the ham and then half of the cheese; repeat.

In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, hot sauce and green onions. Pour egg mixture into pan.

Place pan on top of a baking sheet with a rim and place in oven. Pour water into baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes, or until eggs have set. Serves 12.

Have A Great Week,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+1
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/14/2015 11:22:55 PM
Hello My Friends,

Here's a quick recipe using Athenos Feta cheese, and since I love Feta and this was such an easy recipe, I decided that this was one that I was going to share this evening. Sometimes I use arugula instead of spinach, but, you can really use any greens you like. I prefer to buy the chunk feta and crumble it myself, because I think it tastes better and the texture is moist and perfect.

These omelets are pretty quick to make, but if you need something even quicker, you can skip roasting the tomatoes and leave them uncooked, which tastes great for a 5-minute breakfast.

Open-Faced Omelet with Feta, Roasted Tomatoes and Spinach

Ingredients

For the roasted tomatoes:

• 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • pinch kosher salt
  • black pepper, to taste
  • sprig fresh thyme or oregano

For the omelet:

• 3 large eggs
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup baby spinach, sliced
  • 1 ounce Athenos Feta cheese, crumbled
Directions

Preheat oven to 400 F. Place the tomatoes on a small baking sheet and drizzle with oil, salt pepper and fresh herbs. Roast about 12 to 15 minutes.

Meanwhile beat the eggs in a medium bowl with a little water, salt and pepper.

Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with oil and pour half of the eggs. Cook until they set, about 2 to 3 minutes then slide onto the plate. Repeat with the remaining spray and eggs.

To serve place eggs on two plates, top with spinach, tomatoes, feta, salt and pepper. Serves 2.

Calories: 183 • Fat: 13 g • Saturated Fat: 5 g Carb: 5 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 13 g
Sugar: 0 g • Sodium: 362 mg • Cholesterol: 289 mg

Have A Great Week,

Phil
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!