Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Healthy Breakfast Alternative
11/6/2013 5:18:48 AM

Hello Everyone,

Try these healthy, hearty breakfast muffins for a real treat. These have a lightly sweet flavor and lots of wholesome ingredients to get your day started. Moist, chewy, and not overly dense. You can use any flavor of yogurt, but I prefer plain Greek yogurt. Customize with your favorite nuts or seeds, zucchini or squash, cooked sweet potato, raisins or cranberries, etc.

Hearty Breakfast Muffins

2 carrots, shredded

es 1 Dozen.

Have A Terrific Tuesday,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
6/3/2015 6:37:26 AM
It looks really tasty! :)
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right."
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/3/2015 3:27:24 PM
Hi Szabolcs,

So good to see you here my Friend. Please stop by anytime and feel free to share a recipe if have one or two. Glad that you liked the Muffins.

Here's a little something that I learned to make from my Jewish friends. These Potato Pancakes, also known as Latkes, include shredded apples and green onions for a new twist to the traditional recipe. I generally add a dollop of low fat Sour Cream.

Apple Potato Pancakes

Ingredients

3 Russet Potatoes, peeled and shredded
1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored, and shredded
2 Eggs
2 Tbs All-Purpose Flour
3 Green Onions, diced
Sea Salt to taste
Canola Oil, as needed for frying
1/2 Tbs Low Fat Sour Cream (Optional)

Directions
Place shredded potatoes and apple in a clean kitchen towel. Gather towel at top and wring out excess liquid.

Combine potatoes, apple, eggs, flour, and green onions in a bowl.

Heat Oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.

Form mixture into palm-sized patties; fry in hot oil, working in batches, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes on each side. More oil may be needed with each batch.

Remove pancakes from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
Sprinkle lightly with Sea Salt.

Serve Pancakes topped with Sour Cream. Serves 5.

Calories 178; Cholesterol 75 mg; Fiber 3.8 g; Sodium 69 mg; Carbohydrates 29.4 g;
Fat 4.7 g; Protein 5.7 g.

Have A Wonderful Wednesday,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/9/2015 12:26:04 AM
Hello Friends,

There's nothing too fancy about this rustic Spanish style omelet, just lots of hearty goodness from crispy fried potatoes and onions. Chopped tomatoes and green onions lend even more flavor and color.

Spanish Potato Omelet

Ingredients

1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/2 pound Potatoes, thinly sliced
1 large Onion, thinly sliced
4 Eggs (I use Egg Beaters)
2 Tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
2 Green Onions, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions

In a large frying pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle potatoes lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown and crisp.

Once the potatoes are golden, stir in the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften and begin to brown.

Meanwhile, beat eggs together with salt and pepper. Pour eggs into pan and stir gently to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook until eggs begin to brown on the bottom.

Loosen bottom of omelet with a spatula, invert a large plate over the pan, and carefully turn the omelet out onto it. Slide the omelet back into the pan with the uncooked side down. Cook until eggs are set. Garnish omelet with tomato and green onion and serve warm. Serves 6.

Calories 252; Cholesterol 154 mg; Fiber 1.6 g; Sodium 54 mg; Carbohydrates 10.7 g; Fat 21.5 g; Protein 5.4 g.

Have A Terrific Week,

Phil

+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/15/2015 3:26:30 AM
Hello My Friends,

This Granola recipe is loaded with chocolate chips, coconut, and sunflower seeds and coated in honey and peanut butter for a sweet and crunchy snack or a breakfast treat.

Crunchy Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Coconut Granola

Ingredients

Cooking Spray
2 Tbs Honey
2 Tbs Simply Jif Peanut Butter
2 Cups Rolled Oats
2/3 Cup Sunflower Seeds
2/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 Degrees. Line a 9 x 13 Inch baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat with cooking spray.

Combine honey and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high until melted, about 20 seconds. Stir well.

Place the rolled oats in a large bowl. Drizzle honey-peanut butter mixture over oats; toss to coat. Mix in sunflower seeds, chocolate chips, coconut, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until evenly coated. Spread mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 22 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes.

Calories 245; Cholesterol 0 g; Fiber 4 g; Sodium 21 mg; Carbohydrates 29.8 g;
Fat 13 g; Protein 5.7 g.

Have A Great Week My Friends,

Phil
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!