Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: A Healthy Breakfast Alternative
6/26/2015 3:14:12 AM
Hello Friends,

Here's another Granola that I think you might like. This time we have an awesome, one hundred percent Vegan Granola. I try to always have a batch on hand to sprinkle on some Soy Yogurt or to eat with either Soy or Rice Milk.

Vegan Granola

Ingredients

Cooking Sray
3 cups Rolled Oats
2/3 cup Wheat Germ
1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup Apple Juice
1/2 cup Molasses
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Dried Mixed Fruit
1 cup Quartered Dried Apricots

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two cookie sheets with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine oats, wheat germ, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, mix apple juice, molasses and extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring to coat. Spread mixture onto baking sheets.

Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven, stirring mixture every 10 to 15 minutes, or until granola has a golden brown color. Let cool. Stir in dried fruit. Store in an airtight container. Serves 10.

Calories 291; Fat 6.1 g; Cholesterol .0 mg; Sodium 14.0 mg; Carbohydrates 55.4 g; Fiber 5.5 g; Protein 7.4 g

Have A Terrific Thursday,

Phil.
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/21/2015 3:18:11 AM
Hello Friends,

This Crustless Spaghetti Squash Quiche is nicely seasoned with flecks of green, thanks to the Spinach added to the mix. An easy and healthy quiche alternative to serve with Breakfast or Brunch.

Spaghetti Squash "Quiche"

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs. Spaghetti Squash, halved lengthwise
1 tbs Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, chopped
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Cup Thawed and Drained Frozen Chopped Spinach
1 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
3 Eggs
1 Cup Skimmed Milk
Cooking Spray
1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Place squash on a baking sheet, cut-side down.

Bake in the preheated oven until the outer shell of squash is tender, about 45 minutes. Scoop fibers and seeds out of squash and discard.

Shred the tender squash meat with a fork; measure 3 cups and place in a bowl.

Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; saute onion and garlic until onion is transparent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add spinach, black pepper, and oregano; cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes.

Add spinach mixture to squash.

Whisk eggs together in a bowl; add milk and whisk until frothy. Pour egg mixture over squash mixture; mix well.

Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.

Sprinkle bread crumbs into prepared pie pan. Pour squash-egg mixture over bread crumbs.

Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the quiche out clean, about 45 minutes. Serves 8.

Calories 108; Cholesterol 70 mg; Fiber 1 g; Sodium 102 mg; Carbohydrates 12.9 g; Fat 4.5 g; Protein 5.4 g.

Have A Great Week My Friends,

Phil
“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/17/2015 10:49:58 PM
Hello Friends,

Go ahead and hit the Snooze Button without any guilt, knowing that a delicious prepped-ahead Breakfast awaits. Here's 6 Mason-Jar Breakfasts that will make your Mornings more delicious.

Colorful Overnight Oatmeal

Ingredients

container (6 oz) Yoplait® Original 99% Fat Free yogurt, any flavor
1/4
cup uncooked old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1/4
cup fruit

Stir in 1/4 Cup of Raspberries, 1/4 Cup Mandarin Orange Segments,
1/4 Cup Pineapple Pieces, 1/4 Cup Diced Kiwi Fruit,
1/4 Cup Blueberries, or 1/4 Cup Sliced Grapes.

Directions

• 1 In container with tight-fitting cover, mix yogurt and uncooked oats. Stir in desired fruit.
  • 2 Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours, but no longer than 3 days before eating
  • Calories 270; Fat 3.5 g; Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 100 mg; Carbohydrates 50 g;
  • Fiber 4 g; Sugar 29 g; Protein 10 g.
  • Have A Great Week,
  • Phil
+0
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/12/2015 2:07:36 AM
Hello Friends,

This muffin has a little bit of everything - carrots, raisins, apple butter, wheat germ, nuts. It's a perfect start for your day.

Morning Glory Muffins

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups grated carrots
  • 1 apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 egg
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup apple butter
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
  • 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ

• Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly oil 18 muffin cups, or coat with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, apple butter, oil and vanilla.

3. In a large bowl, stir together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in carrots, apples and raisins. Stir in apple butter mixture until just moistened. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.

4. In a small bowl, combine walnuts and wheat germ; sprinkle over the muffin tops.

5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and spring back when lightly pressed.

• Calories 194; Fat 4.2 g; Carbs 37.3 g; Protein 3.1 g; Cholesterol 10 mg;

• Sodium 175 mg.

Have A Great Week,

Phil
+0
Hyr
Hyr Aisa

1 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/3/2015 6:38:59 AM
Hi,
Thanks for sharing these awesome recipes as i am new here i love this sections.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!