Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: GREAT MASTERS OF PAINTING - WILLIAM TURNER
7/23/2013 7:37:26 AM

Very nice discoveries.

I always love the blues in his works.

Roger

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/24/2013 12:14:23 AM
There can be yet a few more discoveries, Roger. Almost daily I get notifications from Pinterest that someone has repinned on my art board one or several paintings by Turner and when I visit their boards, I discover in turn new paintings by him - new to me, that is. What a pleasure it is to discover them and to even re-discover works that I might even have overlooked but now look fresh and beautiful, as if I had never before viewed them.

Miguel

P.S. These two small watercolors, for example. Painted in 1833 the one on top, in 1815 the other one, they are simply wonderful.

William Turner - Paris: Hotel de Ville (watercolor strengthened with pen and red ink on
white paper, 1833)

William Turner - Plymouth Citadel, a Gale (pencil and watercolor on paper, 1815)

Quote:

Very nice discoveries.

I always love the blues in his works.

Roger

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/24/2013 2:09:22 AM

You may think these two impressive pictures are different photos of one and the same work by William Turner, but they are actually two works: the oil on canvas possessed by the University of Liverpool and hoarded in the Victoria Gallery & Museum (Liverpool, UK), and a mezzotint inked and printed by Charles Turner (after William Turner) and treasured in the British Museum.

William Turner - The Eruption of the Soufriere Mountains
(oil on canvas, 1815)

(after) William Turner - Eruption of the Soufriere on April 30, 1812 (Burning Mountain)
(mezzotint inked and printed in color, 1815)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/24/2013 2:39:08 AM

The main characteristic of this view of Venice, other than being exhibited in 1840, is of course its great beauty.

William Turner - Venice, from the Canale della Giudecca, Chiesa di
S. Maria della Salute, &c
(oil on canvas, exhibited 1840)

+1
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/24/2013 4:13:11 AM
Quote:

You may think these two impressive pictures are different photos of one and the same work by William Turner, but they are actually two works: the oil on canvas possessed by the University of Liverpool and hoarded in the Victoria Gallery & Museum (Liverpool, UK), and a mezzotint inked and printed by Charles Turner (after William Turner) and treasured in the British Museum.

William Turner - The Eruption of the Soufriere Mountains
(oil on canvas, 1815)

(after) William Turner - Eruption of the Soufriere on April 30, 1812 (Burning Mountain)
(mezzotint inked and printed in color, 1815)

I like these 2 better then any you have posted.
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!