Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: SEO is...
5/15/2013 3:35:59 PM
Quote:

I almost feel that we should be going back to kindergarten and teaching basics lol

Why are we talking about SEO at all..what is the point of it, why do people who are wanting to affiliate market or market or be in an online business NEED to know anything about SEO. I feel that we need to address these issues for people to move forward in learning how to market and learning how to do SEO both from the standpoint of social and search engines

Just my thoughts right now

Diane, you have asked several excellent questions. Since there are such a large group of people that are affiliate marketers at ALP, I've been addressing my commentary mostly in their direction. Therefore the biggest question you asked above is "WHY"

An AM needs to understan SEO because quite frankly if all they ever do is post some banners around, drops some splash pages on some traffic exchanges and 'maybe' blog a little on one of the "free" sites then they are only going to make a few pennies for their time if they make anything at all.
If you are going to be successful in AM, it is imperative that you build your own website and brand yourself. It is the same as if you are trying to sell professional services, you must brand yourself.
Knowing even rudimentary SEO will help build traffic to your website and thus build your brand. That is what separates the AM's that make a living and the AM's that just wander from program to program hoping for a magic bullet.
David Weed President,
+0
5/15/2013 3:47:12 PM
Mark, this is really good as it shows the different strokes needed to succeed with your own site. For my own stuff I try to meet in the middle of you and Diane, write for my readers AND the SE's.

regarding underline, italics and bold - *I* do this more for readability than SEO. Depending on which "expert", the time of day, phase of the moon, and about 15 other parameters doing so may or may not help or hurt one's SEO efforts.

This is another reason why I recommend putting some of one's eggs in another basket. You really cannot "depend" on any one means of getting traffic. A mix is needed.

Quote:
Again, we need to be clear on what is what.
SEO for one, does not apply to others.
Like Diane, write for readers and not for Google.
That would be a hugh mistake on my part as writing for search engines is exactly what I do.
She writes to be social and I write for optimization.
Again nothing wrong, just too different power houses.
I don't bother with all that Boldness and underlining too much as I know I have read that and some say that but my SEO programs that runs in my Website finds this to be not so important. Google reads content, and things like "Handyman" or handymen, or handyman it is still read as handyman. It is more important to use it several times and with good sounding content. Not too much, not too little.

David Weed President,
+0
5/15/2013 3:59:03 PM
Quote:
I'll cover more on choosing a domain name in my next post in this thread. Unless of course someone else beats me to it. Which is perfectly ok by me! :)

Looks like Bogdan beat me to it!

http://www.adlandconnection.com/2013/05/your-domain-name-e-business-success.html

Well done Sir!
David Weed President,
+0
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/16/2013 10:27:00 AM
Well when I first seen this and some others forums, they where hitting around what my original statement a while back about running a "Marketing Class" and a SEO Class"

So when I seen Diane's one about Social Media Tools and Tricks, (forgot the name) at first I had to look. After seeing it was nothing in my plans with the layout I am putting together, I new it was more about Social then what my plan was.

Then we have David's about "How To Promote" Wonderful, how about staying with one idea, and talk about How To Promote:

Like How to Promote Affiliate Websites
How to Promote Business Profiles
How to Promote Location type of Businesses
How to Promote A Facebook Business Page.
How To Promote a Information Blog
How To Promote Anything....

I think if you don't have structure, a layout, plan of discussions, and other items we will be talking in circles and out of order.

+0
Mr.
Mr. D

840 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/16/2013 12:55:13 PM

One of my original ideas and have found that a structured SEO training class will be much easier to follow, and will also have consistently reported higher success rates in search engines by presenting SEO Techniques Step By Step.

The AdlanPro Learning Center has mentioned this several times and it will be coming and Labeled: Sorry name is not mentioned at this time as other's will take the idea.
There will be a layout of discussions and there is no requirement of attending the class. You will be entirely welcome either way!

Just putting this all together is a work in progress and just putting up someones else's articles is not what we will be doing here at the AdlandPro Learning Center. I will show my layout once, to give you an idea, and it is not to be copied, used, or quoted. This gives you some idea as what is coming, what is and has been a plan for many months. Each one will be open for discussions and comments then move to the next.

This is also going to be added.

- 85389uh54 Techniques Training
- jfij Marketing
- n ei2uh rhbiuh Training
- jb ruhb Training Classroom
These Training's are structured exactly like an online forum that you might be more accustomed to.

In these threads, you can ask as many Questions as you need to understand
what is being the subject. The only thing we request is that you ask your
questions as a direct reply to the exact post (lesson, article, assignment,
etc) that you have the question about, rather than starting a new topic with
a new subject.

Please Note: All Lesson plans may not be presented as some should be somewhat unnecessary.

- Members may NOT start new threads.
- Members MAY add their own input.
- Members MAY answer other members questions.

Sorry Data Not Listed

for copy rights.

Lesson 1

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, ligula suspendisse nulla pretium, rhoncus tempor placerat fermentum, enim integer ad vestibulum volutpat. Nisl rhoncus turpis est, vel elit, congue wisi enim nunc ultricies sit, magna tincidunt. Maecenas aliquam maecenas ligula nostra, accumsan taciti. Sociis mauris in integer, a dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at.

Lesson 2

Ac dolor ac adipiscing amet bibendum nullam, massa lacus molestie ut libero nec, diam et, pharetra sodales eget, feugiat ullamcorper id tempor eget id vitae. Mauris pretium eget aliquet, lectus tincidunt. Porttitor mollis imperdiet libero senectus pulvinar. Etiam molestie mauris ligula eget laoreet, vehicula eleifend. Repellat orci eget erat et, sem cum, ultricies sollicitudin amet eleifend dolor nullam erat, malesuada est leo ac.

Lesson 3

Varius natoque turpis elementum est. Duis montes, tellus lobortis lacus amet arcu et. In vitae vel, wisi at, id praesent bibendum libero faucibus porta egestas, quisque praesent ipsum fermentum placerat tempor. Curabitur auctor, erat mollis sed fusce, turpis vivamus a dictumst congue magnis. Aliquam amet ullamcorper dignissim molestie, gravida mollis. Tortor vitae tortor eros wisi facilisis.

Lesson 4

Consectetuer arcu ipsum ornare pellentesque vehicula, in vehicula diam, ornare magna erat felis wisi a risus. Justo fermentum id. Malesuada eleifend, tortor molestie, a fusce a vel et. Mauris at suspendisse, neque aliquam faucibus, vivamus in.

Lesson 5

Wisi mattis leo suscipit nec amet, nisl fermentum tempor ac a, augue in eleifend in venenatis, cras sit id in vestibulum felis in, sed ligula. In sodales suspendisse.

Lesson 6

Quam etiam erat, quia tellus convallis eros rhoncus diam orci, porta lectus esse adipiscing posuere et, nisl arcu vitae laoreet. Morbi integer, amet gravida.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!