Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Post 1900 Peruvian art
5/16/2013 9:58:31 PM

Hello Roger,

This latest trio of Peruvian artists that you have posted about are all well known and well regarded in my country, all three are pretty talented and pretty successful at that. I personally like Revilla the most, although I would like to be the owner of some of the works of any of them. That self-portrait of Sérvulo Gutierrez, for example, is considered a priceless work, though some of his other paintings I don't like that much; if I am not mistaken, that Fauvist painting that you have posted is a portrait of Doris Gibson, with whom he did have a relationship. Vinatea Reynoso's works will also raise very high sums at any auction, they are highly appreciated here in Peru and maybe in other countries of the area and even beyond. He is (or was) a heavyweight. However, of all three, I like Revilla's paintings the most, they have a unique style which in my opinion makes all of his his works all the more worthy.

Thanks for sharing,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2013 9:14:02 PM
Quote:

Hello Roger,

This latest trio of Peruvian artists that you have posted about are all well known and well regarded in my country, all three are pretty talented and pretty successful at that. I personally like Revilla the most, although I would like to be the owner of some of the works of any of them. That self-portrait of Sérvulo Gutierrez, for example, is considered a priceless work, though some of his other paintings I don't like that much; if I am not mistaken, that Fauvist painting that you have posted is a portrait of Doris Gibson, with whom he did have a relationship. Vinatea Reynoso's works will also raise very high sums at any auction, they are highly appreciated here in Peru and maybe in other countries of the area and even beyond. He is (or was) a heavyweight. However, of all three, I like Revilla's paintings the most, they have a unique style which in my opinion makes all of his his works all the more worthy.

Thanks for sharing,

Miguel

I share your preferences Miguel. An individual style is powerful if an artist finds that it's popular.

Roger

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/1/2013 8:19:38 AM

More to come soon folks.

Look back and bring your thoughts.

Roger