Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Mexican Art and Artists since 1900. Share, look, learn and discuss
3/29/2013 10:48:42 PM

Los alucinados

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/29/2013 10:54:56 PM

Alfredo Castaneda (Mexican- 1938-2010)

He was born in Mexico City in 1938. He received a degree in architecture from the University of Mexico in 1964 and in 1969 he had his first one-man show at the Galería de Arte Mexicano, the gallery which represents him worldwide outside of the U.S. His surrealist imagery intrigues viewers and his works are included in private collections in Mexico and Latin America, the United States, Europe and Japan.

In 1983 he had his first individual show in the United States at Mary-Anne Martin/Fine Art and has been represented by MAM/FA in the U.S. since then. A retrospective of his work was held at the Monterrey (Mexico) Museum in 1990 and a monograph celebrating twenty years of work was published in the same year.

Artodyssey

Locura compartida

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/1/2013 5:15:39 PM

Alfredo Castaneda - Dialogue of Two Poets Disguised As Birds

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/1/2013 5:22:23 PM

La Aflicción de San Marcos by Alfredo Castañeda

Latin American Collection of the Jack S. Blanton Museum of Art
Alfredo Castaсeda

(1923-1981)

Alfredo Castaсeda was born in Mexico City in 1938. He received a degree in architecture from the University of Mexico in 1964 and in 1969 he had his first one-man show at the Galerнa de Arte Mexicano, the gallery which represents him worldwide outside of the U.S. His surrealist imagery intrigues viewers and his works are included in private collections inMexico and Latin America, the United States, Europe and Japan.

In 1983 he had his first individual show in the United States at Mary-Anne Martin/Fine Art and has been represented by MAM/FA in the U.S. since then. A retrospective of his work was held at the Monterrey (Mexico) Museum in 1990 and a monograph celebrating twenty years of work was published in the same year. Since then he has had a number of exhibitions in the U.S. and Latin America which are detailed below.

Castaсeda currently lives in Madrid, where he and his family own and run a highly successful Mexican restaurant.

For the names of these paintings VISIT

http://www.all-art.org/art_20th_century/castaneda1.html

where there are many more in the series

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/1/2013 5:58:30 PM

Not everyones idea of great art.

I consider the first one here to be his best it is very Piccasso.

What do you think?

Pedro Coronel

/firstHeading bodyContent
tagline
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
/tagline subtitle
/subtitle jumpto
/jumpto bodycontent
Painting by Coronel

Pedro Coronel (b. Jerez, Zacatecas March 25, 1922- d. Mexico City May 23, 1985) was a Mexican sculptor and painter, part of the Generación de la Ruptura, bringing innovation into Mexican art in the mid 20th century. Coronel’s training was with artists of the Mexican muralism tradition, with influence from artists like Diego Rivera. This influence remained with the use of pre Hispanic themes and colors in his work. However, his artistic trajectory took him towards more use of color and more abstract forms in his work, due to influences from artists such as Rufino Tamayo. His work was exhibited and gained recognition in Mexico, the United States and Europe. Shortly before his death, he donated his considerable personal art collection to the people of Mexico, which was used to open the Museo Pedro Coronel in the city of Zacatecas.

El advenimiento de ella

Pedro_coronel_pavana_para_una_mujer
Pavana para una mujer embarazada, Pedro Coronel, 1959, oil on canvas, 184 x 202 cm. Private collection.

Coronel's personal eclectic collection of Twentieth Century art is the focus of the museum. Every modern artist from Braque to Miró to Picasso is represented. Most were Coronel's friends and contemporaries. We devoured the glorious paintings. We spent only a morning here; to give this museum its due, several mornings would be better.

Masks

The Rafael Coronel Museum, built in 1567 as a Franciscan convent, is a superb example of colonial architecture at its finest. At each turn in the building and everywhere on the grounds I found a breathtaking opportunity to use my camera. The museum houses Rafael Coronel's collection of nearly 5,000 Mexican masks once used in dances and traditional ceremonies. We marveled at the variety, the materials, and the intricate artistry of the masks. Many of these masks were part of Diego Rivera's collection and were inherited by his daughter, who married Rafael Coronel.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!