Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Mexican Art and Artists since 1900. Share, look, learn and discuss
3/22/2013 10:16:38 AM

Twentieth Century art from Latin America, compiled from different sources on and off -line.

An opportunity to increase awareness of modern art in Latin America at a point in history where world wealth and freedom are being differently spread around the globe. South American coutries like Brazil are set to be the new BIG LEAGUE in development of resources and affluence. The growth of it's neighbours is inevitable and South America could find itself in a very unique place as the US, Europe and even China face economic downturns. Where China has made it's progress on the back of other world leaders South American growth has been through it's wonderful natural resources and it's peoples desire to change their lot.

This forum will offer the chance to discuss the value of modern art movements in the context of this vibrant and significant continent.

Latin America is a mix of it's own indigenous artistic past and the heavy influences of both Europe and Africa. The forum owner admits to a gap in his knowledge which he is keen to fill and share in the process.

There is no significance in the order in which I choose the countries and I shall also be lumping some together under a Central American banner.

I hope to attract both the serious art viewer and the casual visitor and extract some questions as well as attract opinions and pictures.

This is the first in my series of art forums based upon filling my gap in knowledge about Latin American art since 1900. I don't ban the use of pre 20th Century images if they are relevant.

Art in Mexico

Since 1900

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Mexican Art and Artists since 1900. Share, look, learn and discuss
3/22/2013 10:26:24 AM

Here is my first Artist from Mexico.

(I shall expand upon my aims in the main part of this group of forums as I find the time)

Remidios Varo........... Malhouette

Remedios Varo
Artist
Remedios Varo Uranga was a Spanish-Mexican, para-surrealist painter and anarchist. She was born María de los Remedios Alicia Rodriga Varo y Uranga in Anglès, a small town in the province of Girona, Spain in 1908. Wikipedia

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/22/2013 10:31:18 AM

Vampiro Vegitarianos 1962

+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/22/2013 10:30:21 PM
Roger, this would be very good opportunity to meet Mexican surrealist painters. I know nothing about them :(.

Fortunately, we are still young and time should serve it's purpose finally :)), enabling us to meet most of our affinities and desires.

Thank you very much for taking your time to share this.
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/23/2013 1:05:42 AM

Thank you Roger, I will be following this topic with great interest as, curiously enough, I know very little about Latin American artists or their works. On the other hand, there is very little information on the Web about them...

There is a remote possibilty, however, that I can somehow contribute. At any rate, I feel this is going to be a great thread.

Thanks again,

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1

facebook
Like us on Facebook!