Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Mexican Art and Artists since 1900. Share, look, learn and discuss
4/8/2013 10:18:19 PM
Sorry Roger,

I lost track of this thread days ago and was not able find it back again. I see it has progressed a lot and I don't know if I can retrace it now, but what I can tell you is that while some of the artists have not really impressed me much, others do exert a strong attraction on me - among them Alfredo Castañeda, certainly a great artist (by the way, it is not "Castaceda").

Anyway, I hope to be back soon and get a new look at Rivera,
Orozco and mainly Frida Kahlo, whom I deeply admire as a great representative of Mexican art (a pity she focused almost exclusively on self-portraits and her life with Rivera).

Here is one of her great sel-portraits (wow!)

Frida Kahlo - Self-portrait

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+1
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
4/8/2013 10:34:29 PM
I was following you Miguel :) .
This Frida Kahlo self portrait is really WOW!
Whenever I see it, I can stare into it for a long time. Her character and self-esteem (or self respect) capture psychoanalytical part of me, while beauty and softness of colors try to corrupt my aesthetic sensors. This portrait shares a many storries and lessons. Good and interested (dedicated) ear and eye can enjoy an abundant feast here.

Going back to the pages which I haven't seen yet.

Thanks Roger! This forum is and would be great!
+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2013 7:57:20 AM
Quote:
Sorry Roger,

I lost track of this thread days ago and was not able find it back again. I see it has progressed a lot and I don't know if I can retrace it now, but what I can tell you is that while some of the artists have not really impressed me much, others do exert a strong attraction on me - among them Alfredo Castañeda, certainly a great artist (by the way, it is not "Castaceda").

Anyway, I hope to be back soon and get a new look at Rivera,
Orozco and mainly Frida Kahlo, whom I deeply admire as a great representative of Mexican art (a pity she focused almost exclusively on self-portraits and her life with Rivera).

Here is one of her great sel-portraits (wow!)

Frida Kahlo - Self-portrait

Thank you Miguel,

I am glad that there was content that you enjoyed.

What this thread does do is blow away the image of bandits and big hats much like England bowler hats and roast beef. In other words, there is more to Mexico post 1900.

I'm glad that I have also brought art that you don't like. Some folk do and I wish they would come and defend it.

Art is certainly alive in Mexico as it is throughout the more prosprerous areas of South America.

I have the links to the other threads in my signature.

Roger

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/9/2013 7:59:37 AM
Quote:
I was following you Miguel :) .
This Frida Kahlo self portrait is really WOW!
Whenever I see it, I can stare into it for a long time. Her character and self-esteem (or self respect) capture psychoanalytical part of me, while beauty and softness of colors try to corrupt my aesthetic sensors. This portrait shares a many storries and lessons. Good and interested (dedicated) ear and eye can enjoy an abundant feast here.

Going back to the pages which I haven't seen yet.

Thanks Roger! This forum is and would be great!

I love this portrait too. It has the feel of an illustrator which is just one recogniseable style of this artist.

Roger

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!