Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Images that I find by chance and enjoy
3/15/2013 10:46:15 PM

We started to understand who is the author of this painting:

Quote:
Quote:
Branka,

This work is so impressive in theme, quality, et cetera. Do you know the artist's name?

Miguel,

I did an additional research (where I found this pics, any deatil about it lacked).
Following the style and colorit, I supposed this painting could belong to my favorite CRO painter Vlaho Bukovac, or to Russian Konstantin Makovsky, but I was wrong.

I'd try to find it's painter, I promise.

Quote:
Hi Lydia, Branka, Miguel and friends!

Hmm this forum is extra ordinary with lots of paintings and masterworks. I am not blessed to have an opinion on ARTS and MASTERWORKS. I am not a painter,

Quote:
Quote:

Very interesting puzzle gave Branka. Slavic Perun, Elijah, Zeus ... As it was for real?

Quote:
Lydia, I've seen this pics on many different places, and it is mostly introduced as Zeus. If Georgios could be here, he'd be of great help.
Passing hugs to Moscow :)

This is a Zeus picture from a Game site. I don't know who the painter is, however I can say that Zeus, Perun, Thor, Oden have many things in common, i.e the thunderbolt. The are characterized as Pagan gods, meanwhile Elijah, is not a god but a abrahamic prophet common in Judaism. Christianity and Islam.

Zeus >Dias > Diaus>Deus>Theos is the Living God
also ZEUS>JOVE>JHVE is also same. Now for what is Pagan and what is not Pagan I will not express my opinion.

I dedicate you ZEUS in Exile
+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/16/2013 1:03:02 AM
Quote:

Look at the simplicity in this beautiful composition.

Superb

Summer landscape pines

eof Product Name

Roger,

Nowhere have I seen such extraordinary beauty in landscape painting with, at the same time, so much simplicity. Thanks for sharing.

Miguel

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/16/2013 1:17:50 AM

Two more gems by Russian artists, including one by Alexei Savrasov. Really hard to out-excel.

Alexei Savrasov - Spring Evening (1880s)

Ivan Aivazovski - "The Ninth Wave" (date unspecified)

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+3
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/16/2013 7:01:39 AM
Quote:
I so appreciate your kind words, Roger. However, thanks to Branka and now Lydia, I rather have seen myself starting an exciting trip of rediscovery of great Russian artists which, unexpectedly, has turned extremely rewarding as it gets better and better on a daily basis.

Here are just a couple of works by Alexei Savrasov (1830 - 1897), without a doubt a great Russian artist (and one pretty advanced for his time at that).

Alexei Savrasov - Monastery Gates, 1875

Alexei Savrasov - A Spring Day, 1873

Wishing a good Saturday morning to all my friends!

Miguel, thanks for posting those 3 amazing Albert Lynch's paintings. Lynch has that special virtue to inspire without, hm.... to say disturbing me, or without putting a sensual and reflexive "tools" into antagonysm to imagination, what is not too often with painters.

I think I am not ready yet to sink into the Russian way of setting up a "dialogue" between orbits and spheras, AKA "painting art". Seems my sobriety is too cautious before Russian seductiveness :) which I've felt from the very first touch with it. Haha, finally I can retire my "don't know why", knowing that this delay has a very reasonable foundations.

Thank you Roger, Lydia, Diane, Jo and Georgios.
This thread is becoming a classroom, isn't it?

Wishing a nice weekend to all.

+1
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/16/2013 9:20:26 AM
Quote:
Hi Lydia, Branka, Miguel and friends!
Hmm this forum is extra ordinary with lots of paintings and masterworks. I am not blessed to have an opinion on ARTS and MASTERWORKS. I am not a painter,

Quote:
[quote]
Very interesting puzzle gave Branka. Slavic Perun, Elijah, Zeus ... As it was for real?

Quote:
Lydia, I've seen this pics on many different places, and it is mostly introduced as Zeus. If Georgios could be here, he'd be of great help.
Passing hugs to Moscow :)
This is a Zeus picture from a Game site. I don't know who the painter is, however I can say that Zeus, Perun, Thor, Oden have many things in common, i.e the thunderbolt. The are characterized as Pagan gods, meanwhile Elijah, is not a god but a abrahamic prophet common in Judaism. Christianity and Islam.

Zeus >Dias > Diaus>Deus>Theos is the Living God
also ZEUS>JOVE>JHVE is also same. Now for what is Pagan and what is not Pagan I will not express my opinion.

I dedicate you ZEUS in Exile

Georgios,

Wonderful to see you here.

I disagree with your statement about your opinion on masterworks. Your historical knowledge and the information that you have brought us on architectural wonders in Europe N. Africa and Asia through your research into historical and religious matters makes you well placed to comment.

You love beauty and have a very valued opinion.

I for one would love to see some Greek artists that you like. They need not be famous but ones who represent the great things about Greece.

Your country is going through really hard times which is nothing new but you always end up stronger. There must be artists at this time who are painting about the current struggles. I know for a fact that, despite being not too distant neighbours here in the UK, we don't really understand each other well as nations. Our histories are mixed and entwined yet we are so gloriously different. I have Greek friends here who feel frustrated with your nation's financial problems and realise that we are only one step away from the same situation. Artists have always painted these things and photographers likewise. Some images would be very welcome.

Roger

+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!