Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Images that I find by chance and enjoy
3/14/2013 2:22:07 AM
Roger and friends, just to post a couple of works by Alberto Lynch (or Albert Lynch, as he signed his paintings). He was a Peruvian artist of the Belle Epoque, of unconfirmed (by me) British ascent, and the creator of exquisite paintings. He studied with William Bouguereau and others. Here is a wikipedia summary of him:

Albert Lynch was born in 1851 in Trujillo, Peru. He settled in Paris, where he studied at l'École des Beaux-Arts. Lynch worked under the guidance of painters Jules Achille Noël, Gabriel Ferrier and Henri Lehmann. He showed his artwork in the Salon of French artists which he won in 1890 and 1892 and in the World's Fair of 1900 during which he received a gold medal. The women of his time were his favorite subject to paint and he preferred Pastel, Gouache and Watercolor although he occasionally worked in the Oil technique. His work maintained the spirit of the Belle Époque. He illustrated such books as Lady of the Camellias by Alexandre Dumas, fils, Le Père Goriot by Honoré de Balzac and La Parisienne by Henry Becque.

Albert Lynch - The Letter

Albert Lynch - Femme au Turban Noir

Albert Lynch - La Nouvelle Partition

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+3
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/14/2013 8:10:20 AM

This is so exciting.

We all learn, we all enjoy seeing great art and we all get to discuss.

It is impossible to comment on everything but that is good because we are all active here.

I resist bringing an image today to allow us all to enjoy the postings so far.

+3
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/14/2013 8:19:05 AM

Thank you Miguel.

This is beautiful.

We often fail to see and therefore miss so much beautiful art from the Middle East.

Because of the religious themes we often feel too ignorant to be able to comment without fear of embarrassment.

I have spent some time looking at these images.

#Thank you again.

Roger

+3
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/14/2013 10:47:40 PM
Miguel, I'd be back to comment, this is just a brief popping in to bring one new pics and that would be all for this so long day :).

Albert Jospeh Moore: Red Berries (detail)
Albert Jospeh Moore: Red Berries (detail)

+3
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2013 2:36:01 AM
I so appreciate your kind words, Roger. However, thanks to Branka and now Lydia, I rather have seen myself starting an exciting trip of rediscovery of great Russian artists which, unexpectedly, has turned extremely rewarding as it gets better and better on a daily basis.

Here are just a couple of works by Alexei Savrasov (1830 - 1897), without a doubt a great Russian artist (and one pretty advanced for his time at that).

Alexei Savrasov - Monastery Gates, 1875

Alexei Savrasov - A Spring Day, 1873

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+4

facebook
Like us on Facebook!