Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Images that I find by chance and enjoy
3/13/2013 6:16:36 PM

Dear Miguel, yes, that picture of the Thunderbolts Perun is not like the style of Russian classical painting Makovsky. I feel there is a Catholic tinge. Russian traditions are between Orthodoxy and Paganism. With the transition of Russia to Christianity from paganism mention, Perun was banned, but instead appeared Elijah - the prophet.

Quote:
Dear Lydia,

As said, Konstantin Makovsky does not seem to have painted it, but he certainly was a fine artist himself, better still than many perhaps better-known artists of his and Vlaho Bukovic's times. His work was immense and certainly most impressive.

This one seems to me exquisite.

Konstantin Makovsky - Girl Dressed as Flora

+3
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/13/2013 6:27:57 PM

Konstantin Vasilyev (1942-1976) - Russian painter, creative legacy consists of more than 400 paintings and drawings: portraits, landscapes, surrealistic compositions, paintings epic, mythological and battle genres. http://www.bibliotekar.ru/Kvasiliev/

Konstantin Vasilyev. Self-portrait

Divination

An unexpected meeting

+3
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/13/2013 6:43:48 PM

Extraordinary paintings.

Thank you everyone. This is wonderful.

Please tell others to bring some images here.

Roger

+2
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/13/2013 7:14:00 PM

and - in addition to previous, by Russian legends, to appease the terrible prophet in Elijah's day were not allowed to work in the field ("In Elijah's day in the field do not work," "Who works in Ilia, to kill thunder") and the garden. It was believed that if the holiday to work in the garden or even just go in there, the cucumbers will rot and fall off at the root, and cabbage becomes soft. It was impossible to mow the hay, "slanted in the grass all day is sure to rot on the ground, and sour cream hay on the field all the wind will spread" , "In Elijah's day stacks do not toss - Bedrooms Storm", "The sin Ilya haul hay - Ilya burn it. "

For an irreverent attitude to your holiday Elijah severely punished. So, working in Ilya farmer caught in the storm, and he was trying to hide under the boat, hit the "Thunderbolt" killed man. Because of another kosivshego hay farmer appeared raven burning branch in its beak, which was to fly to "engender" to "engender" and burned the hay, many villagers. Therefore, the peasants themselves strictly followed so that no one worked that day, because it will have to answer for everything - Ilya can for such sin to burn the whole village. Thus, in not succumbing to the general rule of peasants could vypryach horses out of the cart, remove the collar and harness and drink the whole society in the pub. According to legend, Yaroslavl, who worked in the field and the farmer had forgotten to serve Elijah prayer in his celebration, nearly lost the crop, since passing by with St.. Nicholas furious Elijah said, "But let's see more, you will get a lot, how I slept with lightning, hail as knock the entire field, so your guy will know the truth but Elijah's day to read." Only the intercession of St. Nikola (antipode Elijah), who taught man what to do, save him from trouble. Source: http://www.ebftour.ru/articles.htm?id=8795

Quote:

Dear Miguel, yes, that picture of the Thunderbolts Perun is not like the style of Russian classical painting Makovsky. I feel there is a Catholic tinge. Russian traditions are between Orthodoxy and Paganism. With the transition of Russia to Christianity from paganism mention, Perun was banned, but instead appeared Elijah - the prophet.

Quote:
Dear Lydia,

As said, Konstantin Makovsky does not seem to have painted it, but he certainly was a fine artist himself, better still than many perhaps better-known artists of his and Vlaho Bukovic's times. His work was immense and certainly most impressive...

+2
Branka Babic

1352 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/13/2013 9:55:46 PM
Quote:
Dear Lydia,

As said, Konstantin Makovsky does not seem to have painted it, but he certainly was a fine artist himself, better still than many perhaps better-known artists of his and Vlaho Bukovic's times. His work was immense and certainly most impressive.

This one seems to me exquisite.

Konstantin Makovsky - Girl Dressed as Flora

LOL Miguel & Lydia,

Sincerely, like I already said in your thread Miguel, I know only a few Russian painters, more by their names than based one their style and all other elements of their job.

Also in Croatia, there are a few painters who could be the authors, and my brief search was enough just to check out if it is may be Vlaho Bukovac.

As my time permits, I'd try to find out whose this painting is.

Hugs and love to the both of you,

Branka The Speedy :)
+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!