Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Lydia Fokina

2042 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Images that I find by chance and enjoy
3/13/2013 4:53:29 PM

Russian painter Makovsky has pictures of Russian peasants of the 19th century:Children fleeing from the storm, Peasant lunch in the field. But the picture that shows Branka, I do not know. Buildings of this painting are not like Russian, and hats are not like Russian

Quote:

Quote:
Branka,

This work is so impressive in theme, quality, et cetera. Do you know the artist's name?

Miguel,

I did an additional research (where I found this pics, any deatil about it lacked).
Following the style and colorit, I supposed this painting could belong to my favorite CRO painter Vlaho Bukovac, or to Russian Konstantin Makovsky, but I was wrong.

I'd try to find it's painter, I promise.
+3
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/13/2013 5:06:59 PM
He was an extraordinary painter, I mean Vlaho Bukovac, but he seems to have been especially attracted to the human figure, including young nude women, much in the style of Bouguereau and other academics like Jules-Joseph Léfevre, Paul Delaroche and others. A more likely candidate could be equally outstanding Konstantin Makovsky, but I have just made a short research into his work and he doesn't seem to be the one who painted it.

Miguel

Quote:
Quote:
Branka,

This work is so impressive in theme, quality, et cetera. Do you know the artist's name?

Miguel,

I did an additional research (where I found this pics, any deatil about it lacked).
Following the style and colorit, I supposed this painting could belong to my favorite CRO painter Vlaho Bukovac, or to Russian Konstantin Makovsky, but I was wrong.

I'd try to find it's painter, I promise.

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/13/2013 5:20:37 PM
Dear Lydia,

As said, Konstantin Makovsky does not seem to have painted it, but he certainly was a fine artist himself, better still than many perhaps better-known artists of his and Vlaho Bukovic's times. His work was immense and certainly most impressive.

This one seems to me exquisite.

Konstantin Makovsky - Girl Dressed as Flora

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+2
Jo
Jo Matthias

2947 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/13/2013 5:21:00 PM
Thank you Roger and other contributors..... You are showing me things of beauty that I would not otherwise see.

Take care,
Jo
VOTE!!!! POTM!!!
+2
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/13/2013 5:33:38 PM
This one work is so impressive too - perhaps more so than the previous one. Such is the mark of real excellence.

Konstantin Makovsky - Russian Beauty

+2

facebook
Like us on Facebook!