Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Gardening, indoors and outdoors
11/8/2012 4:42:27 AM
I am glad you are okay, Myrna!

I hope things straighten out quickly for those who were affected by the storm.

Patricia, I loved your picture! Cute kitten!

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/31/2013 9:28:56 PM
Hello all,

It has been cold and icy here though no snow so far. Right now it is just rain, rain, rain, as usual.

I checked up on my home in Florida and was so happy to see the sun and wear shorts!!! It was a little tough coming back.

Before I know it I will be in California helping my sister with the irises.

First, though, I signed up for a shift at the iris booth at the Seattle Flower and Garden Show the end of February. My irises would really like to see some sunshine and dry out!

The soil I used for my pots this year just holds the moisture too long. It might be good for some plants but my irises like to dry out. They also like to see the sun! I have moved most of the pots into the carport where there was a little room and on the front porch (you can't get to the front door) and they line the back steps which have some protection too. We are all ready for a pleasant change in the weather.

I have a bunch of indoor plants that need attention, too. My husband did a good job taking care of them and the cats while I was busy in Florida. I didn't have much time to enjoy the sunshine but enjoyed being in shorts.

I am sure looking forward to better weather.

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/31/2013 10:06:25 PM

Cheryl,

I'm short of time but I love to keep up with your Iris adventures.

Roger

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/31/2013 11:21:11 PM
Hi Cheryl,

Long time from hearing from you. I would love to go to your Iris show, but think it is a bit far away. Hope things so well and you plants dry out.

It was 66 here yesterday, today it was 33 with a lot of wind. Oh it was not nice to be out. 33 degrees from yesterday with a wind chile factor is no fun.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/22/2013 9:57:22 PM
I have been away for a while and now am back just getting my feet wet.

So many things are going on. It looks like we are really going to have to move in a few months. I am hoping to find a place where I can garden, and of course, where we can have our two cats.

I did some hybridizing on my irises. Do I have rocks in my head??? That was in the Spring of 2012. Now of course, I seem to have a few seedlings....400+ pots worth!!! I have to garden in pots here, and now it looks like I'll have to move them too. And, those 400 are just the seedlings! I have another 200 or so named iris varieties in pots, also. I gave away hundreds of the named varieties just to get down to the 200.

I was in California helping my sister on her iris farm recently. So, of course a few jumped in my suitcase when I came home. I tried to keep it down this time, as we are facing that move and I haven't found a place yet.

What's going on with everyone these days?

Cheryl
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!