Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Gardening, indoors and outdoors
10/28/2012 2:07:32 AM
HI Cheryl,

I always enjoy hearing of your gardening chores. Isn't it sad when you have to come in and and bring in all the plants. I just finished that yesterday. I had ivy and asparagus fern in today. I had them on the front porch with flowers. The flowers died not long after I planned them, but the fern and ivy did super well. Maybe because they are two of my favorite plants.

I waited until the last minute. The reason I brought them is because of the storm we are to get here on the east coast. Franklin county is now in a state of emergency, because they said we are to get hit hard. I am thinking they have missed it before and it will not be as bad as they are calling for, put prepared for the worse. The worse thing to me is losing the electricity. I don't like to be cold, but have a lot of blankets. Plan on doing a lot of reading. Maybe I can get caught up. haha.

Sounds to me you don't like Washington state. I don't think I would like no sun either. Keep your chin up better days are coming.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/28/2012 9:27:25 AM

Hello Cheryl,

Great to hear from you and to see Myrna here.

Hi Myrna,

I hope that bad old storm stays out to sea. If not then wrap up warm. These storms are getting to be a bit too fierce and frequent.

We are heading into late fall and I don't relish the cold and wet. Like Cheryl, I get tired of grey skies and rain. I don't mind frost and sun.

Washington state is lovely, I was there in November a few years ago. I remember the rain and the wet grey rocks around Seattle as we landed but the coast around Portland was great.

We are mostly lucky that we get variety though. Can you imagine living somewhere that is real desert. Even bits of California are a bit brown and parched. I love living in a very green place.

Here is a little picture of my home county in Autumn (sorry, Fall) here in Surrey England.

This one is only a mile from my house. We have many small deep lanes like this, caused by centuries of cart wheels through the soft sandstone hills. Beautiful tree roots.

A painting of Box Hill bridge about 20 miles from me

Roger

+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2012 4:37:52 AM
Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures, Roger! I enjoyed looking at them.

Myrna, I have plenty of year round inside plants too. I have a variety of them and a little lighted stand that some of them get to be on.

I am delighted to say I have finished potting all my iris rhizomes. Better late than never. We've had so much rain recently that I am already on the lookout for rot especially on the ones that haven't had a chance to get rooted good yet (as in just been planted!). And the slugs are starting to show up.

I still have seeds from 27 iris seed pods to plant so that's next. I want to clean up my potting area first though, as I am just set up in the carport. I think I am going to use part of that area to rotate all the pots so they each get time to dry out. That's if we continue to get so much rain. I am going to work on my inventory list so I know exactly what I have and what I have duplicates of.

Of course, now it is time to be raking leaves! I rake and look behind me, and it doesn't look like I rake??? They are falling fast and furious. Some of the trees are so beautiful but if you blink your eyes, it's gone.

So once I finish up outside, I have plenty of "gardening" to do inside, some of which also is way overdue. It is so grey and gloomy for so long that I have surrounded myself with inside plants. It seems to help. The cats like the "jungle" I created "for them."

I have made a lot of progress and the end is in sight, at least outside anyway.

I do prefer the sun to be shining. Rain is fine but when it drizzles all the time instead of just getting it over with then it gets hard to take. Flooding is probably already happening in the lower areas and farms but we had a few hours without rain today and that should help.

Happy Gardening!

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Patricia Bartch

9394 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/2/2012 9:35:32 PM
discussing the pretty fall trees?? is that gardening?

I'm Your AVON LADY: http://youravon.com/pbartch *Ask me how to get FREE Shipping.
+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2012 3:54:39 AM
Hi Roger,

Well the storm has finally gone away. Thanks for your concern. I had only water in my basement, the sub-pumps took it all away. I am so thankful. I guess you have all heard how bad New York and New Jersey got hit. Please pray for these folks, they are going through h**l right now.

LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!