Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Gardening, indoors and outdoors
8/16/2012 6:54:43 AM

Keep up the good garden work.

It's so good for us and can be challenging or rewarding.

Sorry to rush but busy and taking four days away.

Roger

+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/21/2012 5:30:04 AM
Hi Roger,

Hope your 4 days were relaxing and fun!

I am now working on my sister's iris farm to help out while I visit Mom. It's pretty warm here. Hope I get a chance to take some pictures though it is just brown and planting time.

It's pretty busy here. My husband is busy watering my plants back home. I didn't finish repotting my irises. Then there are the indoor plants, and feeding the cats. There's a bit to take care of in my absence.

Cheryl
Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/21/2012 7:28:18 AM

Cheryl,

Four days away were good. It pleased my grandaughter as she got to visit an exhibition about her favourite author.

Sounds like you are busy. Here in UK I am cutting hedges. There has never been a year with more growth due to months of rain following a drought. Can't really get ahead of the growth.

Roger

+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/7/2012 6:12:21 AM
Hi Roger,

You do sound busy. I just got back from visiting and working on my sister's iris farm. The potting job fell to me. I potted up 1000 iris rhizomes while I was there for two weeks. There were 3 or 4 hundred of them waiting for me when I got there.

When I got caught up, I also helped chop the rhizomes apart and cut them for planting. Of course, I had to label them after I made a list of what labels I needed, then after labeling, I moved them all into the shade houses.

I am glad to be back home. I have a lot to catch up on. A lot of rhizomes followed me home so I am continuing to pot. I don't have any place to plant them in the ground. Too many tree roots and it's nice to be able to move a few of them around as the sun moves.

It was pretty hot on the farm. The hottest day was 107 F or more. We had several days in the 100's. Then I came back to much cooler temperatures. Adjusting again....

I want to finish up all the outside work before the clouds and rains come again. I might have 3 more weeks if I am lucky. I am intentioning lucky! Though that means I have to spend some time watering, too. I am keeping the hanging birdbath full because they are having a hard time finding water. That has been a really great little "gadget" and I and the wild birds are happy I have it.

What's everyone else up to in the garden?

Cheryl

Cheryl Maples, LMT Catch Your Dream 727-504-4721 cheryl.maples@gmail.com https://cherylmaples.myitworks.com/ultimatemakeover
+0
Cheryl Maples

39965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/28/2012 1:52:48 AM
We made a quick trip back to California though I didn't see any of my family. I am back in western Washington now. It is late to be potting irises because the weather has turned. The rains have arrived with all the cloudiness, overcast, and gloom. Hope we get a bit of sunshine this winter though it would mean it is colder.

I have to convince myself to go outside (under cover) and continue potting till it's done. Wish I had a good way of keeping them out of the rain but I don't.

What's everyone else doing? In Florida they'd be getting their gardens in though hopefully already started. Seems so backward here. We did have some good tomatoes which doesn't always happen as there isn't always enough sunshine even in the so-called summer. We actually did have a more regular summer this year. Two months of no rain and lots of sunshine. It will more than make up for that now. I am just not used to only two months of summer instead of nine or so.

Hope everyone got the gardening chores all caught up. I will still be working but hope just a few more days.

Cheryl
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!