Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
RE: Vote for the 253rd POTW
10/16/2010 12:38:44 PM

Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks for the feedback.

On Monday I will make post with some of the ideas how we can further minimize spam here.

For John regarding pop-up at the bottom of the screen. You can hide this pop-up permanently if you click on the link in the pop-up and fill out three step wizard and accept free version of the offer. This is the only way you can get rid of this pop-up. Of course you can also accept one of the paid options. :)

No amount of voting will get rid of it :)

And no we didn't go to your voting poll and selected illogical to you option. There is only one Ip we all use and voting poll allows only one vote per ip. I hope you were joking when you said this.

For all those who are tired from wrestling over last couple of days, here is one suggestion how you can recover over the weekend.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Bogdan Fiedur

Hi Bogdan,

I have no intention of accepting the free offer so the add will go away as this amounts to blackmail.

Have a great weekend.

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
10/17/2010 2:42:38 AM
Wow Jim an Eskimo/Rebel presidential ticket. Sounds good to me. I'll second that. :)
What I really wanted to say is, the situation that brought this hot discussion about, was in effect, from the concentrated efforts of one person and this one person's couple of cheerleaders. I, and I am sure many others from the posts I have seen, watched this POTW nominee being chased all over ALP for several days, or maybe it was weeks, and being called names like SCAMMER and SPAMMER and that is what has colored your judgement of this nominee. How many of you know anything at all personally about him? Does he have family, a wife, kids? Can anyone provide proof that this gentleman is a true SCAMMER? I am not talking about one persons opinion, I am talking about REAL proof. If so, put up or shut up.
How many of you, honestly, would be taking the stand against him, that you are now, if he hadn't been harangued and harassed in these public forums and shown in such a bad light? I must confess I never really paid much attention to him until the harassment started and this person went into every one of his personal forums until he blocked them. It made me cringe every time I saw it happen. If not for the antics of this one person, who thinks they are the utmost authority about what constitutes a scam, we would not be having this heated discussion. The people here at ALP are not dumb, although I have to admit sometimes it does take some of us a little longer to catch on to something. :)
You know, I have to kinda admire this gentleman because most people would have retaliated with a much stronger reaction than just banning/blocking someone. I know I would have and I am sure many of you reading this would have too, and you may have even left and never come back, but then too, that may have been the intended purpose. I don't know. I do know one of my good friends that was attacked in her personal forums left and she hasn't logged in here in days, a lady who has been here a long time and is well respected.
I thought it was poetic justice when this gentleman appeared on the POTW ballot, because that told me what goes around comes around.
Because this is an advertising site I don't get all uptight if someone SPAMS my comments section or sends me SPAM in my PM inbox because I just figure they don't really know any better but if they stick around they will learn or at least most of them will. Actually when I see someone SPAMMING, to me it is an act of desperation, so I just delete and forget it.
Some of you that get so uptight over what you consider SPAM, how in the world do you deal with it in your personal email accounts? And don't say you never get SPAM in your personal accounts. I have been online now for almost nine years and it seems as though the SPAM, and yes the SCAMMERS, get more prevalent each day in my personal accounts.
So I firmly believe the best way to handle it is just delete it, forget it, don't waste time over it and don't get your bowels all in an uproar over it. Really, how much time does it take to delete a SPAM entry? Try it and see if it doesn't just become second nature to do so.
+0
Potw Team

2183 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
10/18/2010 3:49:16 PM

Quote:
Hi Barry & Other Friends and Members Here !

As an Adlander Plus, and A Gold Member, and a Part of the Adlandpro Community for some 5 Years Almost Now, I am Not too Sure why this Recent POTW Nomination has caused such an Upproar?.

I feel as people here have aired their Dissatisfaction, I am Entitled to Make a Comment as a Fully Paid Up member.

Adlandpro is many Different things to many Different People.

I for one Personally as many of you know use Adland Pro to Network, Promote, and Advertise my Business Opportunities. I purchase my Credits and I Send out Ads on a Regular Basis. ANYONE who objects or Is Unhappy about receiving my Ads CAN either Just Delete the Email/AD, or if they feel they do not want to receive Offers From me, CAN BLOCK me from Sending Messages etc to them. That is Called Freedom of Choice. And as Far as I am Concerned we all have that Freedom and Choice when it comes to Joining Forums, Getting involved in Them , AND Voting or Not Voting on POTW or Any Other Forum that is up for Nominating/Voting.

I do not want to get involved in Politics here, BUT I DO feel that as Sensible Adults, with Choices, we should be able to deal with Any Members we feel are Abusing the Site and System, in an Adult Manner.

Adlandpro is a Great Community, full of Great People, and Providing Many Great Tools, Features, and Opportunities. Lets NOT Create unwanted atmospheres, or Vendetta's here against any Individuals. There will always be a Few Inconsiderate Individuals who will try and Spoil things for the Majority. We have a Choice to Ignore them and Block them from having Contact with us, or Joining any of our Forums if we Wish.

Thank You Everyone.

Have a Great Weekend

Sincerely

Bob Vaughan U.K.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for support the POTW. Have a great week. I also believe that you have it right in the statement above.

Regards,

Barry

+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2010 5:01:34 PM
Hi All,

Over the weekend I was thinking of better ways to block spam and deal with it on community.
Since this topic has been addressed recently in this forum, I'm bringing it here first.

Here are some of the ideas how to deal with it.

First here is what you can do with spammer with your existing tools.

In regards to forums.

1. You can create forum with attribute "restricted". This forum will not allow anybody to start new threads in your forum.

2. You can delete a thread which has been started in your forum with the button which is provided on the thread level.

3. You can ban any member from your forum by clicking red button "Ban this user" button on the post level made by the user. This user can't see your forums or participate in them any more.

4. You can delete each post which was made by spammer by clicking delete button on the level of the post.

In regards to PMs

When a spammer sends you a message you can block that person permanently from sending further messages, there is a red button in the view of the message.

In all new posts (forums and pms), nobody can send a post more often than 1 minute. There is delay to stop mass spammers from quickly spamming large number of members.

In regards to profile comments

1. You can disable comments permanently by going to this link.
http://community.adlandpro.com/ProfileEditor.aspx?step=4 and selecting
Disable commenting on your profile.

2. You can delete any comment by clicking red cross next to the comment.

Here are couple of new ides to address some of the problems. .

It appears that commenting on profiles is most annoying and it is being done by new members who join only for the sake of spamming or promoting known Nigerian scams.

I believe that if we don't allow anybody during first week of their being here to put notes on the profile comments, this will eliminate 95% of problems.

The other problem appears to be that Nigerian scammers post PMs.

This could be eliminated by providing a limitation for new users who are here to send only 3 messages per day.

First the scammer wouldn't be able to post many messages and probably discouraged by this limitation, and if not somebody would report them early enough before they do more damage.

Let me know what do you think about those suggestions.

Bogdan Fiedur
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2010 5:23:31 PM
Hello Bogdan,

This sounds like a sound plan to me. Kudos for putting your thinking cap on over the weekend when you should be enjoying your family and self time.

Jim Allen III
12SCSocialCommunity.com

Quote:
Hi All,

Here are couple of new ides to address some of the problems. .

It appears that commenting on profiles is most annoying and it is being done by new members who join only for the sake of spamming or promoting known Nigerian scams.

I believe that if we don't allow anybody during first week of their being here to put notes on the profile comments, this will eliminate 95% of problems.

The other problem appears to be that Nigerian scammers post PMs.

This could be eliminated by providing a limitation for new users who are here to send only 3 messages per day.

First the scammer wouldn't be able to post many messages and probably discouraged by this limitation, and if not somebody would report them early enough before they do more damage.

Let me know what do you think about those suggestions.

Bogdan Fiedur

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!