Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Vote for the 253rd POTW
10/15/2010 5:27:18 PM

Thanks friend Judy! I am not wilting and I needed a laugh. We will have our girlie talk but not about Adland!!

Can you believe I just received another AD from same spammer in my inbox!!??? Talk about brave, oh well, I did the only thing left, no more messages from said person.

You know afternoon tea sounds good, let's have some and watch an Agatha Christie movie. I love Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple, not to mention Hastings and Inspector Japp. Time for some fun.

Hugs, Smiles and Laughs!

Sara

+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/15/2010 6:10:56 PM
Hi POTW,

My Vote Is In !

Good Luck to our Candidates .
Happy Week End to all friends.

Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/15/2010 6:20:52 PM
Quote:

Hello Members,

The eligibility criterion is listed in the POTW. If it is met they are eligible to be the Person of the Week. We list those who meet these criteria and are suggested by members or if necessary selected by the POTW Administration.

There is no “fix” or favoritism on whom I select. When I have to make the selections (due to no other suggestions being made by members), it can take at least an hour of my business day as well as the time I spend at home (my personal time) looking for eligible candidates to be listed based on the criteria and I also look for a social aspect to the profile as well. I do not feel it is incumbent upon us to investigate every single message a person has made nor do I believe that what one person’s opinion are define an individual.

This could also be easily alleviated by members’ making suggestions (a POTW contribution) so the administration is not in the position to have to make selections for candidates to be listed.

If that person does not meet up to the standards of the member voting, then they do not vote for them, there are always 4 or 5 selections to choose from.

Suggestions for the Person of the Week can be made by any member, by posting it into the pinned "Suggestions for Eligible Members" or by sending me a private message. If you have made a suggestion in the past you will see that if they met the criteria they have been listed as a candidate.

To date I have received one (1) private message to nominate a member and if you take a look at the thread for suggestions you will see the responses there are few. Which is somewhat surprising as to why there is complaints of who is listed but to date there are seven to nine suggestions of who to list since February 2010.

Firstly if you work on the Internet it is not a 9 to 5 job.

Secondly no one suggested you are the one that does/did the fixing.

Have you considered that if there are no nominations it could mean that the members feel there is no one worth nominating or what I do suspect is they are not interested knowing how things are/were worked to get the result.?

Quote:

I am surprised and somewhat shocked that there was such a reaction to an eligible member being listed. I have seen no reports of complaints to the Administration for the member in question for any reason. If I saw a member that had some type of allegation against them I would certainly look into it further before listing them as a candidate.

The Adlandpro Administration has always acted on reports of abuse, however simply because a complaint is made does not bar/ban that individual, we do need proof of the allegations and not just beliefs, opinions or judgment by others.

I am also upset by the rally cry of a few members to discredit the POTW and the community based on what they feel is some type of careless oversight on our part. I am also shocked by the individuals who are making statements that are bordering on slanderous or libelous.

Most of the members do not waste their time reporting the spammers and scammers to admin because they know from past experience that no action is taken, no matter how much proof there is posted here in front of their nose.

I challenge your statement that admin has always taken action on reports of abuse. I and hundreds of other members know that is not true.

To be slander or liable the thing said has to be a lie i have seen no lies posted in this forum except those posted in the original of this post.

[Quote]

Adland is a business community that has developed a very good social aspect to it, this makes it unique and in some cases real friendships have developed apart from any business relationship. Adlandpro as one member posted earlier is to Network, Promote, and Advertise their Business Opportunities, the social aspect of the community is developed by its members as an addition to the business side.

[/quote]

There are many good friendships that have been made in Adlandpro and that is one of the few reasons I and some others stay here. But the "unique" you refer to has long been lost due to the actions of some. I agree that Adlandpro is to Network, Promote, and advertise businesses, however none of us ever dreamed that Adlandpro was here to Praise and reward scammers and spammers. If the nominations remain as they are then Adlandpro will have reached the depths of the lowest dregs and dross that exist

Quote:

A few members have posted some of these sentiments already. I do believe that we have to be respectful of each other and live and let live. There are enough safeguards in place to protect each member.

Sincerely,

Barry Scott

There may be safe guards in place but the are of no use if they are not implemented when needed.

SAY NO TO SPAM AND SPAMMERS

+0
John Partington

1560 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
10/15/2010 8:10:44 PM

Hi Barry,

It looks like you have got a hot forum this week, and yes I have read all the posts so far and it looks like poor old Sara is getting some undeserved stick as well.

I have come to the conclusion that I can't be seen to support a forum where there are people of dubious practices being put forward by the management of adlandpro, plus Barry seems to have lost interest in my JP Award forum so I won't be promoting this forum again.

And while I am on my soapbox ask Bogdan to "Please get rid of the bloody add" you know the one at the bottom of every bloody page, its like a fart in a spacesuit you can't get rid of it. I can only assume it was adlandpro staff who voted that they liked it in my forum Adlandpro's Annoying Popup Add Promoting Bogdans Software so come on you adlanders and let me know what you think.

John.

A Free Add Service For The UK? Go to uk.bexp.org

A Free Add Service For The USA? Go to usa.bexp.org

Please Follow Me on Twitter Click Here

+0
Bill Brown

480 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/15/2010 8:15:04 PM
Quote:

Hi Barry,

It looks like you have got a hot forum this week, and yes I have read all the posts so far and it looks like poor old Sara is getting some undeserved stick as well.

I have come to the conclusion that I can't be seen to support a forum where there are people of dubious practices being put forward by the management of adlandpro, plus Barry seems to have lost interest in my JP Award forum so I won't be promoting this forum again.

And while I am on my soapbox ask Bogdan to "Please get rid of the bloody add" you know the one at the bottom of every bloody page, its like a fart in a spacesuit you can't get rid of it. I can only assume it was adlandpro staff who voted that they liked it in my forum Adlandpro's Annoying Popup Add Promoting Bogdans Software so come on you adlanders and let me know what you think.

John.

Hi John,

well said and I could not agree more with you about that stupid damd pop up.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!