Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Vote for the 253rd POTW
10/18/2010 7:04:43 PM

Mary,

I am unsure of your posts meaning. If it was me you were referring to then this is my reply, if not, please ignore

I have just a brief reply to your post.

After accepting the gentlemans friend invite I tried to help him as a new member. Whatever I asked or offered I was assaulted with replies of business spam only. This goes back some time.

Roger

+0
Myrna Ferguson

16559 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2010 7:05:34 PM
Hi Bogdan,

I agree with Jim. You should have hour weekend time for you and your family. How ever I do appreciate your thoughtfulness is getting this spam matter taken care of asap. I think your ideas are great.

Myrna
LOVE IS THE ANSWER
+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/18/2010 7:09:49 PM

This sounds helpful Bogdan,

It's exactly why I set up this forum originally.

Perhaps, from my original anger some good will come.

Roger

+0
10/18/2010 7:45:34 PM
Roger dear, that might make him a SPAMMER in your eyes but this is a far cry from a SCAMMER. A SCAMMER is much more serious. Do you have proof he is a SCAMMER?They are two entirely different things.
He could have had you mixed up with several here in our community who go around offering free help when in reality what they are offering is a lead generation system to get leads for their opportunity. I get more of these offers in my PM inbox than any thing else and I would say he has too and in all likelihood he could have thought you were one of them and just retaliated with his own deal. I don't remember ever getting any SPAM from him although I could have and just don't remember.
When someone accepts my friends invitation I always send a short thank you note and a lot of times the person will respond with the latest greatest offer and some will even write "thanks for the ad" to which I will reply and say "Ad? What ad? I didn't send you an ad. I guess they had gotten so many they just came up with a generic answer. :) And then a lot times I get a note back thanking me for not blasting them with an ad and telling me how much they appreciated my not doing so. As I said I don't respond to SPAM (except in the afore mentioned example) and delete all such messages. I have noticed that usually the ones SPAMMING don't stay around long.
+0
10/18/2010 8:24:27 PM
Quote:

Mary,

I am unsure of your posts meaning. If it was me you were referring to then this is my reply, if not, please ignore

I have just a brief reply to your post.

After accepting the gentlemans friend invite I tried to help him as a new member. Whatever I asked or offered I was assaulted with replies of business spam only. This goes back some time.

Roger

Roger, I agree with you and I will continue to agree because the same thing has happened to me. Both of us go out of our way to help anyone willing to be helped. I have even chatted with same person and it seemed he understood, then turned right around and sent another ad, making it 3 in one half day. For some time I have asked him to please not post ads in my forums and send them to my inbox. All I get is more ads. People can call it what they wish to call it but I decided the only way to stop it was to not accept anymore mail from certain persons. I have also made my forums restricted.

I had told myself I would not say anything further in this week's 253 voting thread but when the truth is the truth, I have to say it. I do not know if the ads are supporting SCAM or not but it sounds like MLM to me from what I looked at. I would not support it. I believe if someone keeps sending you ads that you have asked not to receive is SPAM but I guess I could be wrong.

Perhaps there is a total breakdown of communication with some people but how many ways can you say NO?

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!