Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Share Your Ideas About Managing Arthritis
8/28/2010 12:16:11 PM

Sara, about juice without sugar added. It took awhile but when I was told I was boarderline diabetic I finally found some. You have to read the labels and it seems that "sugar free" was on the front label.

Making your own juice might be something to consider.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/28/2010 12:33:45 PM

Michael, you have been an awesome contributor here. I will be linking you to my site today. Check out the Adlandpro banner at the bottom of the page. There you with your cup of tea waiting to welcome people to Adlandpro.

Glucosamine is usually paired with several other ingredients. Most products have 2-4. Synflex has 12 ingredients and is for human as well as pet consumption.

Here is a warning page about glucosamine which would be good to study.

http://www.synflexamerica.com/glucosamine-side-effects.php

Hope this provides additionalu additional info for you . Have a good day "down under", my friend.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/29/2010 11:26:34 AM

Today's tip is for those tender fingers. We want to be careful when finger joints are swollen or inflamed. Stressing them too much (get your fingers off the keyboard) can do damage.

From Mayo Clinic.com comes the advise to not fold finger into a fist. Therefore they suggest using large handled tools. Pandalady.net tip of the day is now posted on my site.

This forum is linked to Adlandpro ad at the bottom. So all participants here, smile ! ! ! !

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/29/2010 11:47:25 AM
Quote:

Roger, I went looking for how coffee is decafinated. Believe me when I confess I was behind the times. They don't process decaf like they used to.

I checked out just one posting made Aug. 10, so this is a very current site. I was correct that decafinated USED TO be dangerous but I stand corrected. 50 lashes with a wet noodle. Go here to read.

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-is-coffee-decaffeinated.htm

You should know, however and I quote from that site.

"Most coffee companies will now be happy to share information about the process they use to make decaffeinated coffee. Many natural food stores now boast naturally decaffeinated coffees that use either the water or charcoal method. For those who must completely avoid caffeine, it is important to note that decaffeinated coffee contains a residual amount of caffeine. Caffeine is about 97% reduced by decaffeination processes, but decaffeinated coffee is not completely caffeine-free. ". There you go Roger, you are still getting some caffeine.

There you go have a cup of Java and enjoy. I said a cup. Why not drink water and pretend you are having more coffee. Anyway you are a Brit so shouldn't you be drinking tea?

Ok, Thank you Mary.

As a Brit. I do like tea but(strangely) rarely make it for myself but like it if somebody offers it.

You mention later about not holding hand in a clenched fist. I know this to be true because I often use a brushcutter and the power throttle is a trigger. If I do several hours I can't open my hand properly for days. I have to manually manip[ulate it.

Roger

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/30/2010 7:15:57 PM

Roger, thanks for coming by. Personal ideas and testimony is what this forum is all about. Research is great, but the opinions of Adlanders is what I am looking for.

So now that you know what triggers the pain for days, you also know what to do to avoid the stress on your joints. The Arthritis Foundation is working on ease-of-use seal whereby they test objects we use and then give their seal of approval. You might like to read:

http://www.arthritis.org/product-test.php

Have a great day, my friend.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!