Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
RE: Share Your Ideas About Managing Arthritis
9/3/2010 12:46:25 PM

Mary, the Green Tea is good advice and helps with many other problems. I use it or black tea as a way to eliminate fluids as I cannot take high blood pressure medication. A Tbls. of cider vinegar in small glass of water works also. You should know but I would think that fluid buildup would make arthritis more painful.

I was just stopping by to read your latest advice. Also, I don't like the taste of Green Tea so I do mix it with lemon or take it in pill form.

Have a very good Friday!

Sara

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/6/2010 12:44:26 PM

Today's tip of the day: Drink water. Now that sounds simple doesn't it. An article on the online Arthritis Today Magazine suggests drinking 2-3 glasses of water before each meal. Ever heard that before, think so but we hear it as we should drink 8 glasses of water a day for good health and digestion.

Here's the theory. If you drink 2-3 glasses of water before the meal your stomach will feel full and you will consume fewer calories at each meal. Losing weight is important as we age and burn off fewer calories. Extra weight puts pressure on hip, ankle, kee joints. If you don't believe try carrying 20-40 pounds around for a lenght of time. I don't know about you but I get winded and the joints begin to scream.

Warning, the article stresses water not juice or pop. Both of those just add calories. Read the entire article to see the results of the study and to make sure you understand the theory.

http://www.arthritistoday.org/news/water-before-meals-weight077.php

Other management tools are on http://www.pandalady.net

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/6/2010 4:37:28 PM

People on diets always complain about having to eat the things they don't like. I'm the same with water, I HATE IT. I've tried carbonated and a touch of lemon, hard, soft, you name it. I STILL HATE IT.

Oh well, you can't do everything right.

I know it's good advice so don't let me dissuade you.

Roger

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/8/2010 7:37:20 PM

Hey, Roger, confession is good for the soul. Mind over matter you know. Drink your water. Drinking water in lieu of dieting would be my way to go. I have never been on a diet to loose weight as my mind and body would feel deprived to the point of over reacting and eating too much.

Thanks for hanging in here with us. We are all learning from each other.

Does anyone know if too many tomatoes, causing acid is a cause for inflamation? Tis the season for ripe, red, juicy tomatoes. I'll give the red away and eat the acid free yellow ones if need be.

+0
9/8/2010 9:24:38 PM
Quote:

Hey, Roger, confession is good for the soul. Mind over matter you know. Drink your water. Drinking water in lieu of dieting would be my way to go. I have never been on a diet to loose weight as my mind and body would feel deprived to the point of over reacting and eating too much.

Thanks for hanging in here with us. We are all learning from each other.

Does anyone know if too many tomatoes, causing acid is a cause for inflamation? Tis the season for ripe, red, juicy tomatoes. I'll give the red away and eat the acid free yellow ones if need be.

Hello Mary and Roger - over in Pauline's forum she posted about drinking water after meals and if you do it should be either warm or room temperature, not ice water. I love ice water! Roger do you drink straight from faucet water or filtered? I know I cannot drink faucet water.

About the tomatoes, yes Mary I can attest to that one. If I eat too many, I will get sensitive red spots in corners of mouth. My Mama had the same problem and she loved tomatoes.

Thanks for all your good information.

Sara

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!