Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
RE: Share Your Ideas About Managing Arthritis
8/26/2010 2:10:18 AM

Hi Roger, great post.

Ok, I think stress is a big factor in all illness not just arhritis BUT your point is well taken. So I will make that a tip of the day. Stay cool everybody.

As for decaf coffee. Do you know how it is made? I am going to look into how decaf coffee affects us so come back later when I have the facts.

Roger, do you know the cause of the pain? Is it bone rubbing against bone. If so glucosemine builts cartilage. Liquid glucosemine is absorbed much easier into your digestive system.

Thanks for your contributions and your points will be noted on my site

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/26/2010 2:16:36 AM

Sara, Thanks for the imput. Exercising is one of the tips I wanted to include but you will get the credit for that. When we wake up or get stiff while sitting, the tempation is to not move. In reality it is best to bite the bullet and get moving. Soon the joints co-operate and the stiffness is lessened.

Take note of my next post. I had it all ready before coming and seeing your post. Take note of it...Vitamin C deminishes the chances of getting rehumtoid arthritis. Your kool-aid idea I don't agree. I'm going to go with research.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/26/2010 2:27:09 AM

Today's tip: Eat oranges and drink fresh orange juice. According to WH Foods*, a site dedicated to health and wellness, free radicals do damage to our cellular structure. This causes painful inflammation as the body tries to clean out the damaged parts. Vitamin C prevents the free radical damage that sets off the inflamation and therefore reduces inflammatory conditions such as asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.

@Practical Tip: For the best DNA protection, skip the vitamin C-fortified bottled drinks and enjoy a glass of real (preferably organic as organic foods have been shown to contain higher amounts of phytonutrients), freshly squeezed orange juice - or simply eat an orange!

"New research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition adds to the evidence that enjoying a daily glass of freshly squeezed orange juice can significantly lower your risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis." ...The George Mateljan Foundation

So to put it in everyday language, the facts are that the consumption of Vitamin C------not the pill but real fruit means people are less likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis.,

To manage the symptoms of arthritis, keep it simple. Eat oranges. 

*The George Mateljan Foundation
for The World's Healthiest Foods
The George Mateljan Foundation for the World's Healthiest Foods was established by George Mateljan to discover, develop and share scientifically proven information about the benefits of healthy eating, and to provide the personalized support individuals need to make eating The World's Healthiest Foods enjoyable, easy, quick and affordable.

@European Prospective Investigation of Cancer Incidence (EPIC)-Norfolk study

To find other useful information log into my site. The bookstore, research and testimonies will be helpful in managing the sypmtoms of arthritis.

let's hear it from you other arthritis suffers.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/26/2010 8:11:19 AM
Quote:

Today's tip: Eat oranges and drink fresh orange juice. According to WH Foods*, a site dedicated to health and wellness, free radicals do damage to our cellular structure. This causes painful inflammation as the body tries to clean out the damaged parts. Vitamin C prevents the free radical damage that sets off the inflamation and therefore reduces inflammatory conditions such as asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.

@Practical Tip: For the best DNA protection, skip the vitamin C-fortified bottled drinks and enjoy a glass of real (preferably organic as organic foods have been shown to contain higher amounts of phytonutrients), freshly squeezed orange juice - or simply eat an orange!

"New research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition adds to the evidence that enjoying a daily glass of freshly squeezed orange juice can significantly lower your risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis." ...The George Mateljan Foundation

So to put it in everyday language, the facts are that the consumption of Vitamin C------not the pill but real fruit means people are less likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis.,

To manage the symptoms of arthritis, keep it simple. Eat oranges. 

*The George Mateljan Foundation
for The World's Healthiest Foods
The George Mateljan Foundation for the World's Healthiest Foods was established by George Mateljan to discover, develop and share scientifically proven information about the benefits of healthy eating, and to provide the personalized support individuals need to make eating The World's Healthiest Foods enjoyable, easy, quick and affordable.

@European Prospective Investigation of Cancer Incidence (EPIC)-Norfolk study

To find other useful information log into my site. The bookstore, research and testimonies will be helpful in managing the sypmtoms of arthritis.

let's hear it from you other arthritis suffers.

Like everything else, all foods should be taken in reasonable amounts. Everytime that we are told that something is great another report says that it is bad.

Some reports have said that a glass of orange juice a day increases the risk of diabetes in women due to the fact that juice is absorbed quickly whereas oranges have bulk as well. I don't agree nescessarily, but, if you are to add a regular glass of orange to your diet then check your sugars from time to time. It's common sense but we forget.

I hope that this is taken as a positive note as that is how it's intended.

In reply:

I have tried glucosamine long-term but personally I have noticed no good effects.

My arthritis is due to a reduced mobility in joints through wear and tear, my spine and hands in particular. I recently had tests for psoriatic arthritis because I have psoriasis on my hands. This is a form of arthritis that is often over looked. In my case the tests were negative, which for me, was disappointing as I wou;d have had some idea as to why i have particular symptoms.

If you haven't explored this type of arthritis, then do undertake a few minutes of research. It might be useful for somebody.

Roger

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/26/2010 12:28:59 PM

Roger, good points. No one should go crazy eating any particular food . We should monitor what we eat and then watch how we feel. I have noticed certain foods result in sudden constant arthritic pain. That is the point of this forum. What works for you.

By the way Roger, you are now linked on my forum as reward for your tip of avoiding stress. Sara, will get you linked next but have to come up with another idea for vitamin C.

Visit my site, click on "Tip of the Day"---stress and look at how this person is avoiding stress. Perfect image wouldn't you say. Your the greatest! !

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!